British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

The Darcy Ward Show! Swindon V Poole - Mon 13th July 7.30 Elite League (sky Meeting)

Hopefully we can do something this year. lol.

The only good thing about last night was the great battles between the MOTM Wright & Newman.

I say the same thing at this time of every year. For the past 20 years! I like Poch but he needs to be given the cash to buy some quality attackers. Players like Mason are hard working and honest but not top class IMO. Better stop talking footy now before people kick off!

• Like 1

Good one....I genuinely mean that....

You are not me.

Davey was scoring 5 to 7 a meeting when not fully fit riding at No.1 most weeks....Davey is now fully fit and has more experience as a Heat-Leader than Dak.......................Davey at No.3 and North at No.4 would work out better for us.....with Gomolski riding at No.2

You do.

Yet again you cant answer the question because you know I am right........That's why you can only send abuse because you cant come up with a reply to my questions.....

You are the clown fella not me....

As for thecoombdog my grandparents live in Swindon and support Swindon......The first speedway meeting I went to was at Swindon however I always enjoyed watching Poole more not because of the success even if Poole wasn't successful they would still be my team. I have said on many occasions that I am a Spurs fan so I am not a glory hunter as we win nothing every year lol...........................................................................I expect more abuse to come from that reply but oh well.

I understand what you are saying....However if you just beat the Elite Draft riders then that's 4 points so basically Gomolski is not really beating anyone.....

Lost to Adam Ellis at home last week......This week half a straight behind Charles Wright and Kyle Newman.......Not riding like the Swedish Elitserien and Polish Ekstraliga rider is he?

New Post:

I will get more abuse for saying this but.....Including myself how many of us said Gomolski would make a mockery of his starting average when we signed him? The answer is near enough everyone.

surely you are the unluckiest person in the world.... :P

As for last night, missed my first fixture of the season due to the fact it was raining in Bristol and I didn't fancy travelling with the possibility of it being called off. Darcy looked an excellent addition to the team. Quick and smooth in front. Zengi showed why it was a 'no brainer' he should be kept with another impressive haul of points but Wright was, for me, MotM. Gets stuck in and not frightened to mix it either. Some good battles wih Newman.

Overall, a comfortable win but away wins are now the order of the day. Must target the Wolves away matches as must win because they are so poor. 2 wins there would go a long way to deciding 4th place in our favour.

• Like 2

Then somebody has led you to believe incorrectly.

i am sure it was mentioned in a post not long ago that it had no effect on the averages. may be some one like scb or another of gods gift to speedway regs can give us the answer.

needn't go to the bspa, they wont know.

• Like 1

surely you are the unluckiest person in the world.... :P

As for last night, missed my first fixture of the season due to the fact it was raining in Bristol and I didn't fancy travelling with the possibility of it being called off. Darcy looked an excellent addition to the team. Quick and smooth in front. Zengi showed why it was a 'no brainer' he should be kept with another impressive haul of points but Wright was, for me, MotM. Gets stuck in and not frightened to mix it either. Some good battles wih Newman.

Overall, a comfortable win but away wins are now the order of the day. Must target the Wolves away matches as must win because they are so poor. 2 wins there would go a long way to deciding 4th place in our favour.

Agree with those comments re Wolves. They remind me of us back in 2011. I thought that was the worst team in EL history with the worst number 1 but Wolves and Freddie are right up there I'd say.

• Like 2

Yes heat 15 and r/r rides all count towards a riders averages. Swindon did really weel for saying they had lost one of their reserves but Wright rode like a hero. From the interviews with Middlo, I don't think he see's eye to eye with Matt Fords decision to leave Ward out of the team now his ban is over. But the way I see it is nothing to do with spliting up the side but the fact that Matt Ford has no faith in Ward keeping his nose clean and if he fails the blame will not fall on Pooles door step.

I pesonally hope that he has got his life on the right track now. Because he knows that anymore mistakes and his riding days are over. The only winners in this issue are Swindon.

It would really rub salt in Fords wounds if Ward decided to stay with Swindon insead of going back to Poole. You could not blame him really if he did.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Anyone know approx how much the loan fee Poole are getting from Swindon for Ward? Can Matt Ford charge whatever he wants or is there some kind of ceal?

Edited by speedwaysliders

Anyone know approx how much the loan fee Poole are getting from Swindon for Ward? Can Matt Ford charge whatever he wants or is there some kind of ceal?

I think there is a sliding scale, depending on the rider's average

• Like 1

Yet again you cant answer the question because you know I am right........That's why you can only send abuse because you cant come up with a reply to my questions.....

What question(s)? I will answer anything asked directly at me.

And if using the :icon_smile_clown: icon (as provided by this forum) is considered abuse then I fear for you in the real world :D

i am sure it was mentioned in a post not long ago that it had no effect on the averages. may be some one like scb or another of gods gift to speedway regs can give us the answer.

needn't go to the bspa, they wont know.

Match averages are calculated on a “rolling” basis, for a specified number of applicable meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored.

This includes ALL heats in an applicable match, including heat 15. The only exceptions are:

"tactical rides" where any double points scored will only count at 50%

Appearances as a guest rider, which are not included in a rider's CMA

Appearances as a number 8, which are also not included in a rider's CMA.

The only reason why I can think that someone might have said that a rider's appearance in heat 15 wouldn't have any effect on his average is if that rider was appearing as a guest in that particular meeting.

Edited by TheCookster

Asked you one earlier and you couldn't reply....And then in your next post you agreed with me....

I have better things to do from now on so my last reply to you ........is grow up.....get a life.......because your boring fella. ;)

Dunno what you're banging on about again...I have agreed with nothing. I am a true Poole supporter who SUPPORTS my team. You are a troll that constantly slates them, but claims to support them.

Oh and thanks for the personal conversation...it does nothing more than prove you to be the immature non supporter we know you to be.

Edited by chris4gillian

Match averages are calculated on a “rolling” basis, for a specified number of applicable meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored.

This includes ALL heats in an applicable match, including heat 15. The only exceptions are:

"tactical rides" where any double points scored will only count at 50%

Appearances as a guest rider, which are not included in a rider's CMA

Appearances as a number 8, which are also not included in a rider's CMA.

The only reason why I can think that someone might have said that a rider's appearance in heat 15 wouldn't have any effect on his average is if that rider was appearing as a guest in that particular meeting.

cheers, must have read it wrong. thanks again..

Don't forget, he was a Panthers fan the year before that!

you missed the ny off of fan ER

Looking past all the Darcy Ward trifle... besides Wright & Newmans battles that was very poor racing in my opinion.

Swindons track so big and slick it's a bit of a gaters paradise.

Not so much now as Big Ron has created more racing lines.

• Like 4

you missed the ny off of fan ER

Not so much now as Big Ron has created more racing lines.

And a fair amount of overtaking took place

• Like 1

Thought Charles Wright was superb last night and I hope he can maintain that form all the way to the PO final..

Lewis was so unlucky, he did brilliantly to mostly avoid Starke and I hope he's back riding asap (Get well soon Lewis)...

As for our new briiliant No1, he did well and no complaints from me, although there was little effort in heat 15, but then again the Mighty Robins had already beaten the 'raggle taggle' Pirates by that stage.

Also good to see Troy have a much better meeting whilst Zengi just seems to get better and better, hopefully the promising Krcmar will soon start to deliver to

So a big well done to Rosco's Rockin' Robins :t:

BTW... I assume you were there last night Gater, what with your Swindon and Poole connections

• Like 4