British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Friday 10th July

Not worried, our next leage title is virtually around the corner. We won leauge titles in 1991,1996,2002 and 2009. This gives a gap and mathmatical progression of 5,6,7 years. Therefore our next title is due in 2017. Can't wait. By the way 2009 was quite enjoyable. :D

I can remember 2009 very well - I think that was the last time that Freddie was actually fast :wink:

I believe your glossing over the ideas as they are at the moment. The truth being there is very little to choose between the standards of the two leagues and that the majority of riders ride in both divisions anyway. We are making decisions base on a few top riders who race over here. It is not right the sport is held to ransom on the pretence a few more might come back. We need to smell the coffee.......

We need to take stock of where the sport is, address the problems and make it again affordable to prosper. By running one league we could set our own levels. and controls the teams to an equal standard instead of the one sided competition.

We cant compete with the earnings from abroad so why bother. Why should we be dictated as to when we can run our own meeting, wouldn't it be nice to have meetings at the weekend when the gates are bound to be better. When we have our own house in order, probably we would be more attractive and other riders would want to be involved....

Its so easy to bury your head in the sand and do nothing.... But that way, nothing is ever achieved......

Agreed we should be doing more, it's no fluke that attendances have fallen with each missing star rider. Without them we don't have a league with any credibility and only a small hardcore prepared to accept a dumbed down league .

Instead of accepting riders won't come /too many matches /too many different race nights those charged with looking after our sport just do nothing.

It's probably too late now but we should be making the changes to fall in line with the leagues that actually work and thrive ie Poland/Sweden/Denmark.

And Swindon heading for at least 4th place

Up the Aces.

I can remember 2009 very well - I think that was the last time that Freddie was actually fast :wink:

he was that quick he ran into Leigh and got him excluded... :P

he was that quick he ran into Leigh and got him excluded... :P

Loved how the ref was on point in that meeting. :P:

• Like 1

:blink: now in English please...

For the less intellect , the ref made all the right decisions.