British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Edinburgh Sat 18th

Do as you wish, you`ll just make yourself look even sillier than you do already.

Not very, then.

Unlike a certain person who can welcome Aarnio to Newcastle, but not new riders to Berwick.

Who throws a tantrum because he wasn't in the know with a new rider.

Who made a disgusting comment about the gentleman that is Matty Wethers.

Who constantly jibes at the club.

Who pulled up a ridiculous typo from a press release that was announcing a new signing to the fans (a rider who looks to have a bit about him, incidentally).

6 points from 6 rides is hardly something to shout about or the kind of thing to suggest a rider is downing tools while riding for one club but not another.

I would assume Berwick fans don’t question Hall because it is quite evident the commitment is there, but at time the craft or speed probably isn’t. The craft problem has plagued him for the majority of his career and the speed issue seems to have crept in lately and plagued him at more clubs than Berwick eg, Redcar, Scunthorpe and Peterborough.

He has settled into being what he is now, a decent 4/5 point reserve most weeks. The question is asked re why the likes of Hall and Edberg still have team places, the answer is because most weeks they outscore the other reserves which tends to swing meetings, the recent 13 point haul from the reserves v Rye House shows what a difference scoring reserves make.

Berwicks 6 and 7 averages are comparable to most of their counterparts in the league, it is in other areas Berwick are struggling, lack of race winners, but when you lose your top two, one of whom punches above their average at home, it is difficult to compensate that with guests/RR. If the suggestion is that replacing Hall and Edberg with say Carr and Crang turns Berwicks season around, I am going to throw it out there and say it doesn’t, albeit Carr is evidently putting himself in the picture at least, but that has to be caveated by him having a team place last season and his form alarmingly dropping of, so much so that he faced the same questions from fans and calls for the axe that Edberg in particular is facing now.

Hall just looks as if he needs a bit more speed. He rode well a Rye House, as did Alex.

They are inconsistent, perhaps, but they are both capable of winning crucial points.

Tough second half of the season so far, and entirely down to bad luck. I think we'd be looking at 3rd 4th at the moment had we not lost Ben and Claus.

Good to see that crowds have been reasonably strong the last few meetings.

So important if the club is to survive that the fans turn up, and it look as if they are coming out and supporting the Bandits in good numbers of late.

Long may it continue.

You shouldn't post things like that, think of the silent majority.

These were described as attention seekers a while back, though that particular poster also was in favour of hoying out a few.

Really, Mr Monks, what a pointless post. Adds nothing to any conversation.

I have no idea if any of Alex's family are involved. To be honest, it is of no interest to me who is involved in running the club.

I supported the hard work of Peter Waite, of Lynda Waite, and now John Anderson and George Hepburn.

It's been my club since the 70s, and that is who I support and I'm grateful for all of the above people for keeping speedway alive through it's toughest time financially.

If there's anything wrong with that: then, I truly am a silly person.

Edited by bigeddiechek
  • Like 4