British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

Shame the TV are there, will stop people travelling, atmosphere should be great all the same though #bigmeeting!

With rain now typically being forecast from 8.30, let's hope sky won't cause it to be held up. King's Lynn did a great job last week of getting the meeting done at a fast pace before the rain came.

Taken from today's telegraph which I guess is why Coventry have not yet announced their team on the website 😁

Bees are waiting to finalise their plans this afternoon with Stuart Robsons participation still in doubt pending the results of scans following his recent concussion.

Meanwhile Danny King and star reserve Jason Garrity have both required treatment to their backs after crashes, although King was due to ride for his Premier League club Ipswich at Somerset tonight.

Are Robson and Garrity definitely riding?

Garrity was already suffering with pain in his back which he made worse falling heavy guesting yesterday for Leicester. Fingers crossed he's riding 🙏

As far as I know the only doubt is Robbo

As far as I know the only doubt is Robbo

With still no team news on the bees site for tomorrow's fixture, I wonder if they have a guest on standby for Robson.

With still no team news on the bees site for tomorrow's fixture, I wonder if they have a guest on standby for Robson.

Stuart isn't riding tomorrow - Matej Kus guests

I'm predicting two defeats for bees this week. Especially if no Andersen or new signing Friday.

Hans isn't riding on Friday - Danish Final. Our 1-7 remains unchanged.

Kus. Think RR far better option.

Sadly sticking with 2 losses.

Kus can gate and these days that's half the battle at Lynn. Hardly an inspiring guest but last time I said that Kevin Doolan scored paid 10!

Edit - TBF, looking at the options, there's not a lot out there. Only really Bach or Jacobsen with higher PL averages/better options.

Edited by SCB

That's clinched it for me. I'll save the cash and watch on the box if it's on.

Shame as I've only missed a couple away this year but with a poor guest, the fact that we generally perform dreadfully at Saddlebow Rd, it's time and money that doesn't need wasting.

And our chances in the play-offs remain unchanged - zero

Chance to bring Michelsen, Buczkowski etc to strengthen our team and we scrape around the bottom of the guest barrel bringing in PL 6 pointers like Kus.

Just about sums up the ambition of our promotion

• Like 2

Can only see two losses this week.

Was going to be hard enough before but with Kus in for Robson it's going to be even harder.

Shame Wolbert had already been used last week

Personally feel it's a lack of ambition by those it charge to not try & make changes. What's frustrating if we have the spare points to strengthen but instead we are getting even weaker! Rosco & Ford must be laughing

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Oh dear

Surprise surprise

Can only see two losses this week.

Was going to be hard enough before but with Kus in for Robson it's going to be even harder.

Shame Wolbert had already been used last week

Personally feel it's a lack of ambition by those it charge to not try & make changes.

Lack of brain cells springs to mind

All very strange. Why aren't we making a change when it's obvious we're weaker using substandard guests.

Because we can't afford it? Riders aren't interested? Because it's a worthless competition we won't win anyway?

All of the above?

Edited by CB252

All very strange. Why aren't we making a change when it's obvious we're weaker using substandard guests.

Because we have as much vision as Stevie Wonder

Surprise surprise

Lack of brain cells springs to mind

And in your case a lack of any sort of politeness or respect springs to mind.

• Like 3