British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester V Wolverhampton, Sat 22nd August 2015 @ 7.30pm

Well done Wolves on finishing 3rd from bottom. What a time to be a Wolves fan eh?! :D

Such insightful predictions ---NOT :rofl:

As expected the match could have gone anyway and did during the match even.

Surprised there aren't the usual bunch saying that rock bottom of the table Leicester are so much better than Wolves as they have been bragging about it for a while now.

The reality check is that I was right all along. No apologies needed. :wink:

Good point for the boys who in truth should have had the win after dominating the early stages.

Steve let's look at it this way both Leicester & Wolverhampton have raced 3 matches so far, is it Not 2 wins to 1 in the lions favour ;)

How did they manage to get everything right apart from the track?

The announcer boasting after heat ten "who says we don't have passing here?"

Fantastic set up with great viewing although the floodlights would be better if they were pointed at the track!

A few decent races but pretty average otherwise. Burgers were nice and the Carling was cold!

Steve let's look at it this way both Leicester & Wolverhampton have raced 3 matches so far, is it Not 2 wins to 1 in the lions favour ;)

I'd rather take 6th place than have the edge over battles with the basement team.:t:

Did they have street parties in Wolverhampton last night because your team scored can away point?

Such insightful predictions ---NOT :rofl:

As expected the match could have gone anyway and did during the match even.

Surprised there aren't the usual bunch saying that rock bottom of the table Leicester are so much better than Wolves as they have been bragging about it for a while now.

The reality check is that I was right all along. No apologies needed. :wink:

Good point for the boys who in truth should have had the win after dominating the early stages.

I would imagine everyone is quiet because no one actually cares about who finishes 6th, 7th and 8th. Well done though. Defo a highlight of your season. And to be fair it's more than Swindon got there this season!

Well done to Wolves in avoiding the wooden spoon (who other than stevebrum would have expected this?). Not content with that they also leap-frogged Lakeside (another team who slid down the table in the second half of the year). I was wrong and I humbly apologise to stevebrum for saying his team would finish bottom.

However, I just want to re-iterate that your team this year have been gash and really didn't deserve better than the wooden spoon but you must be so proud of them finishing 6th! How they achieved that is a minor miracle and should be applauded for sticking with their gash team all year enabling them to reduce their averages (and their fan base) to make an assault for the playoffs next season. But they reduced their averages fair and square and there was no manipulation ahead of next year - apparently!

• Like 1

Did they have street parties in Wolverhampton last night because your team scored can away point?

No idea, I don't live there.

I would imagine everyone is quiet because no one actually cares about who finishes 6th, 7th and 8th. Well done though. Defo a highlight of your season. And to be fair it's more than Swindon got there this season!

Plenty were vocal about how Wolves would finish bottom for being worst team.like I said they have all gone quiet now. I can virtually guarantee that plenty would be shouting from the rooftops if Leicester had won both meetings this week. Thankfully I was right who is worse this year.

Well done to Wolves in avoiding the wooden spoon (who other than stevebrum would have expected this?). Not content with that they also leap-frogged Lakeside (another team who slid down the table in the second half of the year). I was wrong and I humbly apologise to stevebrum for saying his team would finish bottom.

However, I just want to re-iterate that your team this year have been gash and really didn't deserve better than the wooden spoon but you must be so proud of them finishing 6th! How they achieved that is a minor miracle and should be applauded for sticking with their gash team all year enabling them to reduce their averages (and their fan base) to make an assault for the playoffs next season. But they reduced their averages fair and square and there was no manipulation ahead of next year - apparently!

So to cut a long story short I was right all along. :rofl:

My belief that we looked ok for a top 4 place was misplaced and I put the team and management firmly in the blame seat!

Thankfully were just rubbish and didn't need to resort to phoney engine failures to reduce averages but so long as we have riders who can come in and lead from the front next season we should be able to bounce back.

That said I'm not convinced there are the right riders about for next year.

Hopefully a dream trio of Woffy, Piotr and Freddie would be the dream come true but I won't be holding out much hope of that.

Still at least the Robins get to watch Darcy 2 times next season when the Pirates are in town. :t:

I was right when I said Wolves would lose last night too!

Arguing about finishing 7th or 8th is like arguing about whether you would prefer to catch aids or ebola. Neither are ideal and you wouldn't want to brag about it either.

Arguing about finishing 7th or 8th is like arguing about whether you would prefer to catch aids or ebola. Neither are ideal and you wouldn't want to brag about it either.

So why do you keep banging on about it?

• Like 1

Well done Wolves on finishing 3rd from bottom. What a time to be a Wolves fan eh?! :D

Could be worse, we could be a Bees fans right now.:rofl:

Could be worse, we could be a Bees fans right now. :rofl:

We're 2nd, maybe 3rd in the league and in the play-offs. No sane person would pick Wolves season over Coventrys.

We're 2nd, maybe 3rd in the league and in the play-offs. No sane person would pick Wolves season over Coventrys.

Except stevebrum - and I can't comment on the sane bit as he thought Wolves would be in this year's playoffs! :wink: