British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IpswichDave

Rye House Vs Ipswich - Sat 22nd August

Figured I would start this as I wanted to ask a question.

Rye website says 7pm. Is that gates/parade/1st race?

Witches missing Stefan due to U21 call up; guest TBC

Rockets R/R for NBJ due to U21/injury

Figured I would start this as I wanted to ask a question.

Rye website says 7pm. Is that gates/parade/1st race?

Witches missing Stefan due to U21 call up; guest TBC

Rockets R/R for NBJ due to U21/injury

Just get there by 7 and you won't miss a thing

The guest for Stefan could be pivotal.

Not sure it will matter either way mind you as Plymouth likely to wrap up the last PO place even if we win.

A few years ago we gave a debut to Adam as a guest at the end of the season - could it be that we do the same this year with Daniel Spiller??

Nico will be back for this one.

• Like 1

What would be the point of that? Kennett's PL average is a point higher.

will uncle Len drop Edward Kennett and replace him with Robert Lambert ?

Can't remember the last time Len Silver dropped a rider who was out of form, let alone in the form of his life. Probably have to go back as far as Kurt Shields

What would be the point of that? Kennett's PL average is a point higher.

Can't remember the last time Len Silver dropped a rider who was out of form, let alone in the form of his life. Probably have to go back as far as Kurt Shields

I was only joking chaps ;) No chance of Uncle Len and Warren Scott splashing the cash eh? -

but you have to agree Lambert was pretty amazing around Rye House the other week against the Diamonds!! :t:

• Like 1

Well that's convinced me to go, (depending on tonight's results) COME ON YOU BEARS!!!

Wish I could be there , will be up on the north Norfolk coast on holiday . So its going to be beer and watch the updates

Ipswich to win by 4-6 points

Well Thursdays results have dangled the carrot of fresh hope for the Witches!

Hope Danny and Nico are back and can stand up to the challenge.

Id rather go down swinging with as many of our own 1-7 than win with a select side.

Go Witches!!

What's the water situation at Dry House these Days? Looks like a scorcher during the day, do we need to bring our own to throw on the track? Or just wear dust masks? Only joking, I assume the dust problems are just for Afternoon meetings, well I hope there are.

After watching footy in the Afternoon, I'll be bringing along 1 or 2 who haven't been to Speedway for decades, it had better be good.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE::

:::::::

Rockets Aim to Cast Spell on Witches

The Restart Rockets return to Premier League action this Saturday evening when they entertain arch-rivals Ipswich in Hoddesdon.

The Witches have been one of the true enigmas of this season’s League, proving vulnerable at home – with no less than three defeats and two draws in Suffolk – while also posting a strong away record of four successes from their travels. The net result is that they are still scrambling for a place in the top six and the end-of-season Championship Play-Offs that that finish brings.

Subject to his targeted return from an aggravated back injury, Ipswich will be led into town by World Cup Lion and 2005 Rocket Lion Danny King, who, together with fellow Witch Rohan Tungate, comprises the League’s official Best Pair. Further support comes from the likes of 2014 World U-21 Finalist Gino Manzares and back-to-back Grand Prix Challenge Finalist Nico Covatti, who is due back from a spell on the side-lines with a broken finger.

The Rockets, meanwhile, will be without Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, albeit for more positive reasons than might have been the case a week earlier. Rye House team manager John Sampford updates NBJ’s status, saying that “Nikolaj was paid for double figures in a Danish League match last night, and on that basis will ride in the Danish Final tonight and for his country in the U-21 World Cup on Saturday.

“All the indications now confirm that he has suffered soft tissue damage in the area of his coccyx, but nothing broken. It is obviously still very painful, but he is proving able to ride on.

“It’s going to be another tough match on Saturday – although Ipswich will be missing Stefan Nielsen, who will be racing in the same event as Nikolaj, they will have Tero Aarnio in as a guest, which effectively balances that absence out.

“We are re-building momentum after Sunday’s win against Workington, however, and we’re determined to maintain it on Saturday. It would have been easy for our heads to have fallen on Sunday when we realised that Nikolaj was unfit to ride, but we have been in that situation so many times this year already that it is just water off a duck’s back now.

“We’ve learned to just take it as normal and get on with it, and that’s the plan for Saturday.”

The Rockets and Witches will burn down the night from 7pm.

Rye House team:

Robin Aspegren, Luke Bowen, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen R/R, Edward Kennett (captain), Kasper Lykke, Danny Maassen, Anders Mellgren

Ipswich team:

Tero Aarnio (guest), Nico Covatti, Cameron Heeps, Danny King (subject to fitness), Gino Manzares, Ashley Morris, Rohan Tungate

Saturday’s meeting at Rye House will be accompanied by the Rockets’ annual fund raiser on behalf of the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund. An earlier recent collection at a Raiders’ home fixture raised over £550, but Saturday’s bar has been raised by the very kind gesture of a Barclays Bank branch to match whatever sum is achieved up to a maximum of £1000. In order to comply with Barclay’s policies, the fund raiser will take the form of a charity raffle, with the lucky winner receiving free admission for two to a forthcoming home Rockets meeting.

Our grateful thanks to Barclays for their support.

What's the water situation at Dry House these Days? Looks like a scorcher during the day, do we need to bring our own to throw on the track? Or just wear dust masks? Only joking, I assume the dust problems are just for Afternoon meetings, well I hope there are.

After watching footy in the Afternoon, I'll be bringing along 1 or 2 who haven't been to Speedway for decades, it had better be good.

And you are taking them to rye house? Don't you ever want them to come back again lol