British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Popped in to Sainsburys today only to find that there was sod all left in the vegetable aisles. Bumped into DH who said that the heat leader aisle was pretty much the same!

If he tried going to sainsburys on another day (changed the race night), he'd have found some riders down the heat leader aisle!

• Like 3

If he tried going to sainsburys on another day (changed the race night), he'd have found some riders down the heat leader aisle!

He'd have more chances shopping at Lidl or Aldi, but it might have to be food banks for his best chance!

• Like 2

He's been to Netto and bought some goods that are past their sell-by date, from the bottom of the heat leader aisle. It's just not been announced yet.

Fair enough, thanks.

Perhaps the track can be put to more use. Stock cars and bangers, perhaps?

Nothing Against either of those things , But I think better bedfellows could be found . Stock cars and bangers to me , means concrete fences and track and equipment damage , besides theres not really room for a pit area . Just for speedway , by the time the fake disabled and minor celebrities have parked ,theres no room for the riders to park their vans , besides the locals would have a field day with noise complaints 30 unsilenced stock cars racing round and round and round and round and round and round :lol:

Stead would be great and hasn't hidden the fact he'd like to race for us again. Think most fans would have Simon back in a heartbeat, but the management didn't contact him last season (following a good 2014 with the lions). Would be a great fit for the lions- norrie always wants reliability, stead is one of the most thorough professionals in the sport!

yes one thing you can rely on Stead for is spending half the season injured

He's been to Netto and bought some goods that are past their sell-by date, from the bottom of the heat leader aisle. It's just not been announced yet.

Netto -a Danish company I think?

Sounds like he might have fished something from out of the skips round the back.

speedbee, I personally park in the disabled places, and I for one are not a fake, I use a wheelchair, same as the fellow who sits beside me and the other guy who uses a wheelchair who has no legs, so that is 3 that I know of that use the parking spaces that are needed. But yes as you say there are an awful lot out there with a blue badge, that when I try to get a space somewhere and see all the places have been taken by those who park thier car and walk off, it gets my back up, not that my back could get up if it wanted to, as it has been broken now in so many places that I wonder if there is any place left for it to crumble again.

Honestly though, I can't really see who they are going to get in to fill the team places, that are going to get the fans to bother turning out on a Saturday night. I for one have very big doubts about going next season. What's the point of going to see a team that would be better in the PL, that the EL from what is left to fill the remaning slots. We may be in for a shock. But I doubt it very much.

Can't see any sense in what DH is doing other than close the club. Because if he doe's not some decent riders, then I fear that the number of people who turn up to pay £18, will be very few and far between. Is this what he plans, to do, hope not as the sport has been a long time coming back to the City.

speedbee, I personally park in the disabled places, and I for one are not a fake, I use a wheelchair, same as the fellow who sits beside me and the other guy who uses a wheelchair who has no legs, so that is 3 that I know of that use the parking spaces that are needed. But yes as you say there are an awful lot out there with a blue badge, that when I try to get a space somewhere and see all the places have been taken by those who park thier car and walk off, it gets my back up, not that my back could get up if it wanted to, as it has been broken now in so many places that I wonder if there is any place left for it to crumble again.

Honestly though, I can't really see who they are going to get in to fill the team places, that are going to get the fans to bother turning out on a Saturday night. I for one have very big doubts about going next season. What's the point of going to see a team that would be better in the PL, that the EL from what is left to fill the remaning slots. We may be in for a shock. But I doubt it very much.

Can't see any sense in what DH is doing other than close the club. Because if he doe's not some decent riders, then I fear that the number of people who turn up to pay £18, will be very few and far between. Is this what he plans, to do, hope not as the sport has been a long time coming back to the City.

It's all a bit of a vicious circle IMHO . the rest of the BSPA members do like a whipping boy , and considering they should think that whats good for Leicester , is good also for them , they are less than helpful , the other side of the coin is St David syndrome , he thinks that everyone including the other promotions owe him something for re-opening Leicester , and he doesnt listen to anyones advice such is his arrogance , I don't think a great deal to the people who run speedway in the UK but surely they wont see Leicester Drop out without lending a hand somehow to ensure a competitive team , One thing I give Hemsley credit for is not being held to ransom by Doyle over race night , but I think his reluctance to accept the inevitable will come back to bite him as far as team building goes . who knows this time next week could see an announcement that he has broke the bank and signed Gollob or Sajfutdinov . whatever happens I doubt he will do the sensible thing and apply to rejoin the Premeir league ,

• Like 5

Gunna?

Leicester speech is so common. :lol:

• Like 1

Netto -a Danish company I think?

Sounds like he might have fished something from out of the skips round the back.

Nah....his Danish purchase rarely comes from the back.

Gollob has signed for Wroclaw alongside Woffinden and Janowski who also won't be riding here like Jedrzejak and Pavlic too.

Wolves are starting with a number one with a 6.80 average in Kylmakorpi and it's likley he won't be the lowest number one in the Elite League thanks to Leicester and the look who's left seven

If Buster thinks that a one/two night EL and/or team berth sharing could happen why did it not this year to help our league? Or is Buster just hopeful and will these measures never be voted in?

Why are the promoters not seemingly doing the best for their businesses? Or is it they can't see/afford a way forward?

I cannot believe that they don't see Woffinden et al racing over here as a good thing for the league and each of their businesses? Or having asked the riders, even if they were offered less matches, one/two nights a week, are they not bothered/too mercenary to race in the BEL?

If Buster thinks that a one/two night EL and/or team berth sharing could happen why did it not this year to help our league? Or is Buster just hopeful and will these measures never be voted in?

Why are the promoters not seemingly doing the best for their businesses? Or is it they can't see/afford a way forward?

I cannot believe that they don't see Woffinden et al racing over here as a good thing for the league and each of their businesses? Or having asked the riders, even if they were offered less matches, one/two nights a week, are they not bothered/too mercenary to race in the BEL?

CVS stated only one promotion was against it for 2016 but is likely to happen in 2017

I think you will find the BSPA conducted all the business for the coming year prior to the election of the New Chairman. What an arse about face way of doing things. From my experience electing a new Chairman was always the first job at the AGM. Anyway, Buster ideas will have to wait till next year when hopefully things will change.

• Like 2

I think you will find the BSPA conducted all the business for the coming year prior to the election of the New Chairman. What an arse about face way of doing things. From my experience electing a new Chairman was always the first job at the AGM. Anyway, Buster ideas will have to wait till next year when hopefully things will change.

Yeah I know all that, not what I am saying though, guess I am asking opinions really about Buster's ideas .... and why they haven'the been done already .....

CVS stated only one promotion was against it for 2016 but is likely to happen in 2017

So why did it not happen, is that not a yes vote? Edited by Trees

It's in the speedway star by the sounds of it Kenni Larsen would like to ride over here would he not be a decent option?