British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I dont know what weather you actually watch . but I live 12 miles from BP as the crow flies and my back garden has been underwater for most of this winter

You have your own microclimate !!!!!!

I run my own weather station here in South Derbyshire, it is a semi profetional Davis weather station and is to withing .0.1c and within 0.1mm rainfall. It could be that Leicester had more rain than we have had but I would not of thought it would have been very much more..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154565237387785&set=a.10150784554067785.494859.550797784&type=3&th

As it's been such a horrible day ~ yes it's raining again here in Leicester weatherwatcher ~ I've been sorting through a cupboard of Speedway things to see what to keep and what I can throw away. Came across this photo of the track when it was being built in 2011. So what happened as it looks massive? Where did it all go wrong?

I run my own weather station here in South Derbyshire, it is a semi profetional Davis weather station and is to withing .0.1c and within 0.1mm rainfall. It could be that Leicester had more rain than we have had but I would not of thought it would have been very much more..

John Kettley or Michael Fish I wonder

John Kettley or Michael Fish I wonder

They would both make a Fine Kettle (y) of Fish...

• Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154565237387785&set=a.10150784554067785.494859.550797784&type=3&th

As it's been such a horrible day ~ yes it's raining again here in Leicester weatherwatcher ~ I've been sorting through a cupboard of Speedway things to see what to keep and what I can throw away. Came across this photo of the track when it was being built in 2011. So what happened as it looks massive? Where did it all go wrong?

Don't know, it all seemed to have got lots of fences build around it and far to close, not sure if that was all the land the council would let them have, but there seems to be far to much waste land around BP, that they could have had at least another 100 feet or more around the track. It is like it was built around a postage stamp, when they had a perfect blank canvas to have built the best stadium in the country. It is a little bit like the EL teams they must have been on the same lines all on a very tight budget.

With Patrick Hougaard filling the final spot it is hardly going to be a team that are going to do much away from home and possibly very little at home too.

Leicester have a very well balanced side. Walasek, Wozniak and Auty all go very well at home. Klindt has a home ace over 8. Hougaard has been very good around Leicester on the occasions he has been there, so to say they will struggle at home is crazy. As for away. Walasek looked almost unbeatable at Kings Lynn and Coventry. Wozza was improving all the time and the others have been around long enough to some points. Ulamek has been around long enough to know how to win and he had a fairly good season last year, so who knows. We could be the surprise package this year. Injuries will dictate a lot of teams and by the law of averages we should be in for an injury free season. Let's hope so hey!

• Like 1

Very underwhelmed by the side . If we win more the 2 matches all season it will be a bigger shock then Leicester City being top of the league.

But last night at the darts i was told the brilliant news that Chris "ego" Popple has moved onto the Isle Of Wight so hopefully that means no more of his cock ups & terrible voice at Leicester on a saturday a relief i'm sure we all agree

The Isle of Wight race night is Thursday isn't it? I think Chris can get the ferry and be back in Leicester by Saturday night. :)

• Like 3

One would hope not

The Isle of Wight race night is Thursday isn't it? I think Chris can get the ferry and be back in Leicester by Saturday night. :)

• Like 1

£21 including programme I think Leicester will struggle to get people to go with that team line up.

I guess the promotion will not charge that price for the friendly match against Sheffield or BP would be empty.

One would hope not

I'm with you on this.