British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

and i think the back to the future date has gone !

Not long now before 2015 is officially history and all the woes can be forgotten.

Heres to 2016 being a successful and enjoyable year for British Speedway and perhaps it being the year of The Witch!

Hope you all have a good one tonight. See you on the other side.

Happy new year to all .

Was very lucky to recive John Louis A Life in Speedway for Christmas. If any speedway fans out there get a chance to read I recommend it . Cracking read about the life in my eyes the greatest ever Witch .

I see Tungate won the opening round of the Aussie championships. Top scored with 14 in the heats and then won the final.

Seems like he did it the hard way too coming from the back in a few races!

Well done Rohan!

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15233/aussie-champs-round-kurri-16

And I know this is an Ipswich 2016 thread and he isn't an Ipswich rider in 2016, but he's still a Witches asset.

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey
  • Like 1

Looks like rohan has done really well since it was decided he wouldn't be in next seasons team. Maybe something to do with ipswich was holding him back? Didn't he win the crump thing as well?

I never thought he looked comfortable on the Foxholes track.

Looks like rohan has done really well since it was decided he wouldn't be in next seasons team. Maybe something to do with ipswich was holding him back? Didn't he win the crump thing as well?

Both metings held on his home track at Kurri Kurri.

Also worth taking a look at the line up for the 1st round of the Australian title, must be the weakest for a long, long time (no Doyle, Holder or Batch).

Rohan has plenty of talent and is undoubtably quick.

The question marks are his track craft/passing abilty particularly on tighter tracks and sometimes whether his head is in the right place.

With just quite small improvements in those areas he could still make big strides IMO.

• Like 1

Tungate is one of the most frustrating riders I've seen. He clearly has the speed and talent to go far IMO, but he doesn't seem to have the right attitude, desire or fire in his belly to achieve what he's capable of.

His confession in the Ipswich Star a couple of season's ago that he sometimes goes to away meetings and just can't be bothered was appalling. You're simply not going to succeed in any kind of sport with that attitude no matter how talented you are.

Maybe he'll realise that before it's too late. I hope so.