British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

It's not my thing. I'm more of a bottle of white lightning and crash on the park bench type of bloke

that makes you posh for a speedway 'do'!!

Ive seem public schoolboy Kelvin Tatum eat fish and chips on a grassy bank in Newquay - if he can adapt so can you!

• Like 1

Yeah like she is into to speedway. She thinks we are a bunch of nerds. She thinks stamp collectors and train spotters are more cool.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

that makes you posh for a speedway 'do'!!

Ive seem public schoolboy Kelvin Tatum eat fish and chips on a grassy bank in Newquay - if he can adapt so can you!

Absolutely. And tatum on a Grassy Knoll 22nd November ...What?

Yeah like she is into to speedway. She thinks we are a bunch of nerds

And? Don't have to be into speedway for a piss up with mates...?

Just received a Tweet advising the the Supporters Club can be reached at:

http://www.ipswich-ssc.co.uk/index.php/contact-us

I might be interested in going.....

The last one I went to was the first one that they did a buffet for rather than a sit down meal, it did not go well. However, think they may have sorted that now, especially with a different venue. Used to love the old end of season dinner dance at the hotel in Copdock, loads of fun to be had so it was a shame when it changed venue and style.

• Like 1

You are obviously invited to our alternative party sue, although it may get a bit loud and dirty. Actually it's not an alternative, but it's a few of us getting together for some laughs.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Might be interested, closed season is pretty long and it's nice to have a distraction (although I tend to get booked up December/January with Aussie Champs). Probably won't if it is in central Ipswich, I hate driving in Ipswich and try to avoid it as much as I can.

Baldy will probably arrange it for the park bench in his garden so he sip a lemonade or two (or something else)

• Like 1

You and graham fancy it super b? Obviously depends when it will be if you are up to it

A get together sounds like a plan but alot will obviously be dependent on when, location and circumstances as I'm still unlikely to be driving for a while yet but I'll run it by Graham nevertheless.

Keep me informed of the details please when you have an idea.

I am planning on rejoining the collective next Thursday weather and fitness permitting as it's been a while but we'll see on the night.

I am planning on rejoining the collective next Thursday weather and fitness permitting as it's been a while but we'll see on the night.

My place, along with the mega mega phone, mapex drum, rocket balloons, fancy dress and bodhran are yours to occupy El Presidente.

Not big shoes to fill either as I only have size 8's - and you know what they say about a man with small feet..... small shoes.

If Scott Nicholls is way past his best it does not say much for the other rider does it?. The scorer of the 7th most points in the Elite league this season and probably with guesting might be the highest point scorer in the Elite League altogether.

Way past it,I think not

Did you see nicholls last night at the elrc? Mainly against premier league riders, on a track he knows very well.

Baldy will probably arrange it for the park bench in his garden so he sip a lemonade or two (or something else)

Beer and bench gives a whole new meaning when booking a B and B

Well its finally over and a couple of days on its sinking in.

I dont think that we should let a disappointingly flat performance in the semi final over shadow a superb recovery of the season.

I think its fair to say that the first few weeks of the season were poor all round.

The results,the track,the entertainment and of course the atmosphere.

Now it could all have spiralled into to a disasterous write off of a year with crowds down and the club at risk.(thats not just an over dramatic soundbite IMO)

Instead we saw a remarkable resurgence across the board which rekindled not only the season but also the whole experience of Thursday night speedway at Foxhall.

As fans we decided that whatever was happening on the track wecwould still have fun. We got together and had some fun,making noise and just doing something different.

On track changes both in personell and prep saw the results stabilise and entertainment improve. They also showed the club were listening.

Even then we would have settled for that and a mid table respectable finish. Few if any envisaged making a play off place.

But as often is proved success breeds success and the harder you work the luckier you get.

The 'massif' was born and despite some strange and puzzled looks from others in the stadium and from outside it expanded and took hold.

The Presenter (top man Kevin) saw the oppotunity to build it further around the stadium joning us on the back straight and encouraging others. For the first time in 20 years (or seemed that long) we could hear the home straight!

To then make the play offs really was a spectacular achievement.

We may have won no trophies but I dont think its too much to say that we may have taken steps forward that are priceless in comparison to a few dented pots.

2016 has been great. Roll on 2017.

• Like 5