British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Jones

Rye House V Eastbourne - 19th September

I have done a bit of investigation on this little bit of a mess, seems quite easy really when you know the truth, John Sampford was on the phone talking to the ref and telling the ref that the Eastbourne riders were being a bit hard on his boys and could the Ref keep his eyes on them and ask them to take it easy on the first turn this was after the second time of a restart.

This is again speedway and not chess?

so from what i can make out that Dugard did talk to his riders and he was upset that Sampford didn’t talk to him or Glenn and went telling tails to the ref, which i can understand, then the crash happened and Dugard was upset and told Sampford what he thought and called him spineless and why not talked to us rather than then ref, Which john then agreed.

Dugard then told him he could not use any of his riders and also for John not to ring him anymore asking to use Spiller as he was not available as he used to ring Eastbourne every week to use Spiller even though Rye House / Kent put an objection in for Spiller to ride in the UK.

Then Brads crash happened and was no fault of anything else but Brads as he lifted and ran into the back of Hughes, as far as I am aware that’s all that what went on.

Luckily for Eastbourne Brad was Ok but nobody knew that at the time.

So I guess a bit of handbags and a post bag from Sampford lol.

Edited by catinthehat

I have done a bit of investigation on this...

But obviously not enough or you wouldn't have kept getting the name wrong.

but the story is right lol and dont you just love spell check as i put spinless in then and it came up with Sampford. lol

Edited by catinthehat

No one is having either spillers thanks very much Eastbourne found them the others should have moved quicker

No one is having either spillers thanks very much Eastbourne found them the others should have moved quicker

Eastbourne signed one, who most people who know anything about youth speedway had heard of, and he happens to have a brother who is supposedly half decent too. Lets not kid ourselves that Eastbourne plucked Daniel Spiller from obscurity.

• Like 1

Eastbourne signed one, who most people who know anything about youth speedway had heard of, and he happens to have a brother who is supposedly half decent too. Lets not kid ourselves that Eastbourne plucked Daniel Spiller from obscurity.

They will get Ethan as well... his mum said on facebook we could see him before to long. So why did no one else try to get him if "anyone that knows anything about youth speedway had heard of" him then?

They will get Ethan as well... his mum said on facebook we could see him before to long. So why did no one else try to get him if "anyone that knows anything about youth speedway had heard of" him then?

That doesn't mean people didn't try though does it? Maybe Eastbourne are able to pay more money? Maybe their schedule was one he could work in to his own commitments and others didn't work? There could be loads of reasons but Daniel Spiller has been a youth world champion, he was not discovered by Eastbourne, you just signed him first (in Britain).

That doesn't mean people didn't try though does it? Maybe Eastbourne are able to pay more money? Maybe their schedule was one he could work in to his own commitments and others didn't work? There could be loads of reasons but Daniel Spiller has been a youth world champion, he was not discovered by Eastbourne, you just signed him first (in Britain).

Eastbourne don't pay him for points. if I recall rightly. He just rides one of their bikes and they do his flights for him. Suppose Rye and Kent may have as they made a fuss

Eastbourne don't pay him for points. if I recall rightly. He just rides one of their bikes and they do his flights for him. Suppose Rye and Kent may have as they made a fuss

That's very impressive on his part then, just wants to ride and that is important at this stage of his career.

Not sure what the Kent/Rye protestations were about, he's a young Brit with potential, he should be allowed to come into the NL on a three point average and should be encouraged to ride over here.

That's very impressive on his part then, just wants to ride and that is important at this stage of his career.

Not sure what the Kent/Rye protestations were about, he's a young Brit with potential, he should be allowed to come into the NL on a three point average and should be encouraged to ride over here.

Probably because like you said he was right under their noses especially having originally come from Maidstone way I believe he would have been ideal!

I like the 'supposedly half decent bit' In 2013 they both came to Eastbourne for the Youth championship round.

Daniel was 14 and was unbeaten in the 500cc until excluded in the final whilst Ethan still only 12 was also unbeaten in the 250cc apart from a motor failure in the qualifiers. In the final he beat Zach Wajknecht.

That was their only appearance in Britain although Updates show it as taking place at Scunthorpe with the Eagles Logo and texter. This was my introduction to modern Youth Speedway and why I am a big fan of the NL.

In 2014 they made up the Black Forest Eagles team with Max Dilger and Robert Lambert, Daniel averaged 7.00 and Ethan 7.28.

Ethan is now old enough for the NL and if it can be worked into schooling I would imagine he will come over with his brother for some meetings next year, particularly if it is Saturday night racing.