British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf2 - Swindon Robins Vs Belle Vue Aces 21 September 2015

This meeting will decide who meets Poole in the Playoff Final. Swindon will need to all be at the top of their game and, if so, I think they can win on aggregate. However, BV will be up for this and, if it's a wet track, Swindon will have no hope to progress.

May the best team win on aggregate and they will have deserved to progress.

• Like 1

This meeting will decide who meets Poole in the Playoff Final. Swindon will need to all be at the top of their game and, if so, I think they can win on aggregate. However, BV will be up for this and, if it's a wet track, Swindon will have no hope to progress.

May the best team win on aggregate and they will have deserved to progress.

Firstly we havn't got there yet. And yes you can still progress, But your heatleaders have got to put in a shift of there lives..

• Like 1

Too big a task for the Robins I'm afraid bearing in mind the Aces away scores this season...

BV having Steve Worrall at reserve doesn't help much either.

Anyway I for one hope the Robins will be at their most rockinest come Monday :t:

• Like 1

A bridge too far for the Robins, although expect a good effort to pull the deficit back.

• Like 1

Would have gone but on holiday in the Land of the Knobs...after the Aces big victory at The Abbey last time out can only see a Manc win, Batch, Morra and Zengota are off-form.

Was only Darce's work that enabled Swindon to progress to the play-offs, they're just not good enough to win the title.

Swindon's last match at the famous Abbey.

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 1

Sadly no other result likely other than BV progressing, ah well. In all fairness they are strong throughout so deserve it.

I dont think this is over by any means, Belle Vue need to make sure they keep the last places to a minimum but if the Robins come out of the blocks all guns blazing a few early heat wins can build up momentum and put the Aces on the backfoot. We need to ensure we keep up our record of scoring 40 points away from home, Swindons heat leaders will no way be as bad as they were at KL and are a different proposition on their own track. I remember the Aces some years back pulling back a 22 point deficit against Exeter in the KO cup, fair enough it was some years ago but they did it within 13 heats and with no T/R rule in place. I hope we can progress but would never count my chickens, hope its a good meeting, if Swindon pull it back they deserve to go through, if we cant defend a 14 point lead we dont simple as that really.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

I dont think this is over by any means, Belle Vue need to make sure they keep the last places to a minimum but if the Robins come out of the blocks all guns blazing a few early heat wins can build up momentum and put the Aces on the backfoot. We need to ensure we keep up our record of scoring 40 points away from home, Swindons heat leaders will no way be as bad as they were at KL and are a different proposition on their own track. I remember the Aces some years back pulling back a 22 point deficit against Exeter in the KO cup, fair enough it was some years ago but they did it within 13 heats and with no T/R rule in place. I hope we can progress but would never count my chickens, hope its a good meeting, is Swindon pull it back they deserve to go through, if we cant defend a 14 point lead we dont simple as that really.

If you cannot defend a 14 point lead, then you certainly do not deserve to go through. But i'l tell you what, if Swindon open up with two 5-1's you will all be biting your nails..

I see that Zagar is hoping to be fit for this one ? I view this with mixed feelings. AJ has done a great job for BV so far, and despite the fact that he is not an Ace he is a professional so may do as good a job as Zagar, if not better. My main worry is Cook. He is so up and down, I have a feeling that he may be the weak link. We are perhaps expecting too much of Steve W. and I hope that he performs for us. Lets hope for a good SAFE meeting for all riders, and may the best team win. (Here's hoping its BV) :wink:

Aces to win on the night me thinks, they are carrying the form.

I see that Zagar is hoping to be fit for this one ? I view this with mixed feelings. AJ has done a great job for BV so far, and despite the fact that he is not an Ace he is a professional so may do as good a job as Zagar, if not better. My main worry is Cook. He is so up and down, I have a feeling that he may be the weak link. We are perhaps expecting too much of Steve W. and I hope that he performs for us. Lets hope for a good SAFE meeting for all riders, and may the best team win. (Here's hoping its BV) :wink:

Hmm Cook has not really stepped up in these meetings that really matter, i too fear he could be a weak link, we got away with it at Wolves we wont at Swindon.

Sadly, Robins are too weak at reserve to pull back the deficit. I don't think Lewis Rose has had one good meeting all season

• Like 1