British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

Thing is, will Connor be Santa and tell us the next member of the team before we tuck into Christmas dinner?

Must get down to Arlington to see if the reindeer are still grazing on the centregreen and if Roy is getting the sleigh ready.

• Like 1

If he wants to keep us guessing it has to be a 3.00 reserve

Thing is, will Connor be Santa and tell us the next member of the team before we tuck into Christmas dinner?

Must get down to Arlington to see if the reindeer are still grazing on the centregreen and if Roy is getting the sleigh ready.

lets hope its not another Christmas turkey :D

somebody hasn't kept all the sherry for the trifle .

• Like 1

Been missing for a while, care of her majesty, so have missed a bit, they don't do the speedway star and I can't be bothered to read through 24 pages of crap.

So, what is the Eastbourne team likely to be ?

Kyle Hughes is a good promising lad, with terrific performances for a visitor at Arlington, only second in effort to Ayers. Georgie a sensation, Jake Knights scoring for KL last year are quite poor really, and know nothing about Nick Phillips, but if he makes the transition like Georgie we will be well away. Ben is a steady second string at NL level, fair play to him, with Belle Vue Colts starting at the new venue, Connor must have him on brilliant point money !!

I hear the Spillers are studying, good for them, more to life than speedway, sensible parents I reckon.

Why would we let Richard Andrews go anywhere ?, take away his nightmares at Mildenhall and he had a good season, we need to keep him.

How the point level is doing I have no idea, but it leaves one more. Brennan is nowhere near ready, YET !! Bates and Owen are far too timid on their bikes, not happy to get stuck in. Cottham was hopeless.

I have a spare ticket for Warsaw 2016 if anyone can find a seat on a plane !!

I think Ben is more than a second string think he's one of the best no 5 in the league. I can see where they are coming from in saying they have 3 potential number ones if they sign Hughes as knight Hughes and Hopwood are a force. Back that up with Georgie who could well be on his way to a hestleader position at the end of the year and another second string then two good reserves that can put in a good show of 8 points between them

Ben will be one of the worst number 5s in the league

Doubt he will be the worst. If it was the same statement for number 1 I'd agree. But he will do well like last year.

Ben will be one of the worst number 5s in the league

hes never going to get any better,10 years in nl and not made it to a no1 .

Exactly mate, decent but certainly better riders in other teams at 5

Alex I said he will be one of the worst, who u reckon he is better than then.

Exactly mate, decent but certainly better riders in other teams at 5

Alex I said he will be one of the worst, who u reckon he is better than then.

He has a similar average to all the number 5s bar Morris. He had decent scores almost of our meetings last year on a parr with Brad at some of them except the wet meetings where he scored badly. He will be better than Armo and Atkin and Carr which he has proved by beating them last season. Anyway if he is bad we will just have either a very good second string or if he's like you say he will be an unbeatable reserve.

hes never going to get any better,10 years in nl and not made it to a no1 .

If he's found the level he can ride at good for him.

I think there are some pretty unwarranted comments on here about Ben, and on another thread about Darryl Ritchings, neither of them are likely to be World Champions, but you know what you are going to get with both of them, they are what it says on the Tin; 7+/8+ riders who have an occasional bad meeting, combined with regular double figure scores, without riders like these there would be no NL. :wink: . ​

By the way Heathen 1984, we are talking NL here, maybe you could show a little more respect to NL riders they are in the NL for a reason, and please be aware that some do read the BSF Forums, and they ALL put life and Limb on the line for our entertainment.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 4

Couldn't have said that better myself greyhound

Think im entitled to my opinion and ill stick with what I said,my opinion he is one of the lesser number 5s.he wont be as good as Carr next season Alex.

Edited by Heathen1984

Think im entitled to my opinion and ill stick with what I said,my opinion he is one of the lesser number 5s.he wont be as good as Carr next season Alex.

He's putting so much effort in over the winter training everyday and I believe grading equipment so we will see.