British Speedway Forum
SCB

El Averages Weighted To Take Into Account Riding Position

Shows how little you know................he was lined up for a place regardless being included in the draft..............

RP

Not sure if you are naïve or Stupid or both ...watch out for flying pigs .

Shows how little you know................he was lined up for a place regardless being included in the draft..............

RP

Well that's not true. And shows how little you know!

A British rider in Pooles 1-5 without being forced to by the rules?! Haha!

Not sure if you are naïve or Stupid or both ...watch out for flying pigs .

Yet another insult..............you never give up do you..............

Well that's not true. And shows how little you know!

A British rider in Pooles 1-5 without being forced to by the rules?! Haha!

Actually it was fact...............

RP

Actually it was fact...............

RP

prove to us how it is a fact ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

So poole would have included him ahead of gomolski? On from memory a highrr averagr? Who did they have lined up as their draft pick then?

So poole would have included him ahead of gomolski? On from memory a highrr averagr? Who did they have lined up as their draft pick then?

If Newman was going to be in the team proper I have no idea who they would have had as a draft pick...............as for a higher average I am not sure...........I don't know how they planned to calculate the averages for the EL for draft riders that move up.............

I thought the objective of the draft pick was for riders to be able to move into the team proper after one or two seasons anyway................at least that is how the majority of people interpreted it.............

RP

If Newman was going to be in the team proper I have no idea who they would have had as a draft pick...............as for a higher average I am not sure...........I don't know how they planned to calculate the averages for the EL for draft riders that move up.............

I thought the objective of the draft pick was for riders to be able to move into the team proper after one or two seasons anyway................at least that is how the majority of people interpreted it.............

RP

So not a fact then ..that's what we thought .

• Like 1

So not a fact then ..that's what we thought .

It is fact...........it was in the press last winter go and find it..........

No point saying any more because clearly you do not believe me..............and I am not lowering my self to your level by being childish and disbelieving...............

When you can turn round and say something positive about Poole without slating its fans or riders or promotion I might listen to what you have to say..............True fans do not slate other teams, riders or fans................and that is something I have never done...........I tell it as it is and if you don't like it its not my problem.............

RP

No point saying any more because clearly you do not believe me..............and I am not lowering my self to your level by being childish and disbelieving...............

When you can turn round and say something positive about Poole without slating its fans or riders or promotion I might listen to what you have to say..............True fans do not slate other teams, riders or fans................and that is something I have never done...........I tell it as it is and if you don't like it its not my problem.............

RP

No point you saying anything else as you have been proved wrong ..even if there was a press statement from Poole it does mean that is a fact that Newman would been given a place in the top 5 place in the Poole like up.. it's more likely to be either a lie as it's Poole or spin ..so not only it is not fact you also don't tell it how it is .

Edited by orion

RP

I'm pretty sure it was reported that Kyle Newman wanted to ride in the main body of the team. I can't imagine that was ever likely to be considered by Matt Ford though, as it would have shafted Poole in the Elite Draft.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

What I believe is true is that Garrity and Newman wanted nothing to do with the draft as the pay wasn't enough and we're all for quitting it and taking their chances at getting a 1-5 place. That changed when they upped the pay rates.

I'm pretty sure it was reported that Kyle Newman wanted to ride in the main body of the team. I can't imagine that was ever likely to be considered by Matt Ford though, as it would have shafted Poole in the Elite Draft.

Why would it have shafted them...................they would just have had a choice of a tier one and tier two rider without having a protected rider.............no different to most other teams..........

RP

Why would it have shafted them...................they would just have had a choice of a tier one and tier two rider without having a protected rider.............no different to most other teams..........

RP

They would had last pick in the first draft rather than the best rider who then somehow gets seeded 5th meaning they get a good pick in the second draft as well .

RP

Because Poole would have had last pick in round one, and been left with Steve Boxall or Adam Roynon, so a considerably worse tier 1 rider yet the same tier 2 rider. A far weaker pairing. Do you think the league would have been won with Boxall/Roynon and Starke at reserve? I certainly don't.

• Like 1

Exactly.

I don't get how a rider who already had EL experience with Poole even before the draft and has now been riding in the EL for a while can still be graded at the bottom of the draft list.

What has how well he rides the PL tracks got to do with how well he rides the EL ones?

Firstly , I would like to say, I have nothing but respect for Newman and don't blame him for any of the controversy surrounding his draft position He is without doubt the Best of the Draft riders and should be rightly acclaimed so. For the last 2 years now he has stood out and impressed wherever he rode, and was such an important ingredient of Poole's winning teams.

All the fans and riders are aware of this and I'm sure the promoters are as well, so WHY is it then they continue to create issues by persisting with grading riders from the PL form when that has no relevance to the EL at all. Last year from the PL list, Newman was placed 7th, and gave Poole such an advantage, one that proved paramount to their success.

Surely the BSPA can see the obvious conclusions.....

• Like 2