British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

9th May and Cov's fixtures at Brandon v their closest geographical rival are done. Who comes up with this fixture list?

I think it was moved from June to May 9th for Sky.

I know what you mean but actually that's not Coventry's closest geographical rival as Leicester is 10 miles nearer ~ measured from track to track. 38.6 to Wolves and 27 miles to Beaumont Park. Courtesy of AA Route Finder. :lol:

Smartypants :P

I think it was moved from June to May 9th for Sky.

BSPA to Sky : 'There you go, there's the fixture list, the dates are tailored to suit the needs of the clubs and the fans, take your pick'.

Sky to BSPA : '**** off, we're more important than them'.

• Like 2

//it may be raining then,it might be better if we cancel it now :lol:

Many there last night?

Just under 200 I think, so Mick wont have to let many in for a tenner against Wolves.

Incidentally, the title of this thread is a total fiasco. The Wolves meeting is on Monday 9th May and is scheduled to be on Sky.

Just under 200 I think, so Mick wont have to let many in for a tenner against Wolves

As I said pointless offer

Yes, unfortunately it is being proven that the people of Coventry are not interested in attending to watch Speedway at either NL or EL level, and would rather sit at home feverishly following results on the internet than actually attend a match.

Still, won't be an issue next year, we'll all be stuck at home with nowt to do.

• Like 3

Just under 200 I think, so Mick wont have to let many in for a tenner against Wolves

If the speedway-watching public don't want to take it up, that's their prerogative. Doesn't make the offer pointless. Fair play to the Brandon management for trying.

Edited by Fourentee

The only issue with the offer is that is was announced the day before the storm meeting. If it was announced at the start of the week I may have decided to attend. Still cant blame the promotion for trying something.

I think that a major part of the problem stopping many of us attending NL meetings for £12, is that there's probably still a sizeable number that can remember the times when speedway at this level was the second half of the meeting. In other words, included within the price of the main meeting.

Also, we'd often get 'rider of the night' - not to mention Golden Helmet match races, on occasions, before the main event.

What Speedway 'Promoters' (that term being used extremely loosely) these days just do not seem to be able to grasp is that for those of us who are not lifelong speedway diehards, the product on offer today falls woefully short of providing value for money. There is no way that you are going to attract meaningful numbers of potential new fans into this sport at current prices. And this is particularly the case when offering NL racing at a rate of £12 - proven by the apparent poor gates at Brandon; and from my previous experience working at Lakeside.

• Like 2

I have really enjoyed some of the storm meetings esp in 2014 when we had Stefan and Sarjeant but this year's team is very weak and lacks excitement. Laurence Rogers isn't very good at team building or finding new talent and that shows when you compare our team to others.

I have only been once this year and sadly will not be in a rush to watch this current team.

I have really enjoyed some of the storm meetings esp in 2014 when we had Stefan and Sarjeant but this year's team is very weak and lacks excitement. Laurence Rogers isn't very good at team building or finding new talent and that shows when you compare our team to others.

The crap team building theme sounds familiar

• Like 3

The crap team building theme sounds familiar

laurel and hardy sounds good I got it wrong again stanly
  • Like 1

Hard to predict tonight's score as both teams are poor on paper. Think Swindon will edge it though. Not ideal Bees using RR meaning reserves in most races plus a half fit King. If he has to withdraw then we are screwed.

Predict 42-48 😕

Maybe management are waiting till after averages drop even more after our next thrashing against Wolves to bring in a new rider 😉

Edited by mdmc82

Hard to predict tonight's score as both teams are poor on paper. Think Swindon will edge it though.

Wrong thread!

• Like 2

They are repeating the offer for the Storm meeting tomorrow v Cradley. Go tomorrow and its only £10 for the meeting on Monday, fair play for that! I wasn't going to go to either so that's an extra £22 they will get from me.

Edited by woz01