British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

As I said pointless offer

Quite the little ray of sunshine aren't we?

Still, as someone else pointed out you won't have anything to moan about when you club's gone. Some of us fans would love to have the opportunity to watch our club at any level, let alone two!

Mick is grasping at straws again

Quite the little ray of sunshine aren't we?

Still, as someone else pointed out you won't have anything to moan about when you club's gone. Some of us fans would love to have the opportunity to watch our club at any level, let alone two!

They are repeating the offer for the Storm meeting tomorrow v Cradley. Go tomorrow and its only £10 for the meeting on Monday, fair play for that! I wasn't going to go to either so that's an extra £22 they will get from me.

It's all well having an offer but I think a lot of people wouldn't even pay £10 to go and watch this current bees team. The storm team have sadly been built in a similar way this year.

• Like 1

It's all well having an offer but I think a lot of people wouldn't even pay £10 to go and watch this current bees team. The storm team have sadly been built in a similar way this year.

And these same people will be the first to moan about not having a club anymore. Its a good deal, I couldn't care less if we are a poor side £22 for two meetings is outstanding value!

And these same people will be the first to moan about not having a club anymore. Its a good deal, I couldn't care less if we are a poor side £22 for two meetings is outstanding value!

And they're is the problem in a nut shell, if people are happy to be served second rate entertainment Mr Horton will happily continue to serve it up.

• Like 2

And they're is the problem in a nut shell, if people are happy to be served second rate entertainment Mr Horton will happily continue to serve it up.

I dont think anyone is happy with the form and id take your point if there was no offers. I dont think the entertainment has been bad this season, the results absolutely. This isnt the first time we have been struggling, people seem to think that the years before Horton were paved with gold, they wasn't. Ive seen some awful season watching the Bees. You and others constantly go on about not getting value for money but when offers like this are presented the same people are still not happy. He cant let you in for free!

What is the definition of first rate entertainment? A team of riders that gate well that win at home by a comfortable margin?

The team has lost a couple of home meetings badly, but also fought back to beat Poole in an entertaining match. The reserves have battled and provided entertainment as well.

Whilst the team has been poorly constructed, I doubt a top two of KK and Harris, which was one of, if not the best in the league on paper, comes that cheap.

We're closing at seasons end anyway so I'm just resigned to turning up and giving the team a shout and enjoying some racing.

You can sit at home and count your thousands next year as you won't have anywhere to go.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 2

Would have rather just had the offer for Monday so now I'll watch on sky.

Do you even like Speedway?

• Like 1

Sounds like we should just give up going by some. Jeez.

Sounds like we should just give up going by some. Jeez.

Most who've got a lot to say on here already have given up. They assume that we're still interested in their opinion.

They're like the clowns that couldn't be bothered to vote today that will still bleat on about who gets elected!

I dont think anyone is happy with the form and id take your point if there was no offers. I dont think the entertainment has been bad this season, the results absolutely. This isnt the first time we have been struggling, people seem to think that the years before Horton were paved with gold, they wasn't. Ive seen some awful season watching the Bees. You and others constantly go on about not getting value for money but when offers like this are presented the same people are still not happy. He cant let you in for free!

2004 immediately springs to mind when both the Bees and the Cougars finished bottom of their respective leagues. No sign of Mick Horton then because Avtar Sandhu was promoter that year and strangely enough even though they kept losing I wasn't that bothered and still enjoyed the racing. There is just a handful of people on here who continually moan about everything even though they don't go. Probably part of their mid-life crisis. Bless. :lol:

• Like 2

All clubs go through times where results don't go their way, real fans stick with it though through thick & thin.

Coventry may not have been built as strongly as some other sides this season, but there was hardly a wealth of options available, and even less so now.

Most who've got a lot to say on here already have given up. They assume that we're still interested in their opinion.

They're like the clowns that couldn't be bothered to vote today that will still bleat on about who gets elected!

Dont get me started on that one 👍

All clubs go through times where results don't go their way, real fans stick with it though through thick & thin.

Coventry may not have been built as strongly as some other sides this season, but there was hardly a wealth of options available, and even less so now.

I think its more to do with the fact that its the last season at Brandon, the stadium is looking tired and people are apathetic to it all now, add that to the feelings surrounding events of yesteryear with Sandhu in charge the sport in our city has gradually declined.