British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

Thanks for the abuse, I almost went down to your level but I'm better than you. It shows the forum for what it is that people actually liked your abusive post. Its called having principles. You do realise what they've done right? I didnt say i didnt want to go to it i said i wouldnt have gone to it. Me and others are no longer getting the benefit from attending Friday which was the original arrangement. It also goes beyond that, who is going to trust the promotion when future offers are made? I certainly won't.

Exactly. People assume its about the money, its not. Its the fact that we were told one thing and then find out it was false. No one is saying the £10 deal is rubbish its an excellent offer but when you announce a deal its not fair to then say oh sod it everyone can take advantage of it. Good offer poor execution, again.

Even when we went through the turnstile we were reminded to keep our ticket for Monday. It has just really annoyed me as it didn't need to be this way. I will be back for the next meeting I'm available for but feel cheated at the moment.

What is false?

Are you no longer getting into the meeting for £10? Yes or no?

Mick Horton is running a business, he tried a promotion to ensure a bigger crowd was on hand on Monday night, for the good of the WHOLE sport. It didn't work, Coventry fans weren't interested in watching their junior side.

As such, he has had to try something else.

I am surprised that Woryna is riding. I saw the photographs of his injury, and it was utterly horrific. Speedway riders are a crazy bunch, and usually come back from injury far too quickly. I really hope that Woryna is in a fit state to ride and doesn't aggravate his injury. The weather is perfect so looking forward to a good meeting.

Anyone know the averages of the Wolves riders?

The ones on the Wolves site don't concur with their announced 1-7 and BSPA site doesn't have issue 9 up yet.

What is false?

Are you no longer getting into the meeting for £10? Yes or no?

Mick Horton is running a business, he tried a promotion to ensure a bigger crowd was on hand on Monday night, for the good of the WHOLE sport. It didn't work, Coventry fans weren't interested in watching their junior side.

As such, he has had to try something else.

Neil Watson said that the offer was such a success it was extended to everybody...

It false as it was said you needed to attend one of the storm meetings to get in for a tenner, people took up the offer. I'm not knocking the £10 for all, it should have been originally announced as that. I've even asked for something small like a free programme for those that did take up the original offer in good faith but no response.

• Like 2

The ones on the Wolves site don't concur with their announced 1-7 and BSPA site doesn't have issue 9 up yet.

I wonder if the bspa do not want to highlight the screw up in the averages that this new system is causing.

Caught me by surprise that Howarth is a heatleader and Masters was at reserve

he rode yesterday in poland for his club rybnik scored 3+1 so hes ok

That's good to hear. Some of them can be a bit too brave for their own good on occasion.

Like Beowulf, will be at the match to say a sad farewell to Brandon. I was utterly captivated by the place when resuming speedway watching in 2006 after a near 20-year gap. There was a real sense of occasion there under lights, with the banners the length of the main stand, good crowds, the view into the pits, watching the riders go from there past the fans and onto the track.

Not wanting to fall into the nostalgia pit of 'everything was better in the good old days' -- it was only 10 years ago after all -- but I shall genuinely miss the place and hope that there are still good times ahead for our fellow West Midlands speedway supporters.

• Like 7

Just looking up the Polish scores, KK got a paid maximum. Would be nice if he can do that again!

That's good to hear. Some of them can be a bit too brave for their own good on occasion.Like Beowulf, will be at the match to say a sad farewell to Brandon. I was utterly captivated by the place when resuming speedway watching in 2006 after a near 20-year gap. There was a real sense of occasion there under lights, with the banners the length of the main stand, good crowds, the view into the pits, watching the riders go from there past the fans and onto the track.Not wanting to fall into the nostalgia pit of 'everything was better in the good old days' -- it was only 10 years ago after all -- but I shall genuinely miss the place and hope that there are still good times ahead for our fellow West Midlands speedway supporters.

And this is from a opposing fan, can't imagine my emotions watching the final meeting (if there is one). Its been a huge part of my life.

• Like 2

Caught me by surprise that Howarth is a heatleader and Masters was at reserve

I'm not surprised about the Howarth, Masters switch but would like to work out how Lindgren has fallen back to second string and Bech has stayed at heat leader?

A ORLOV, on 09 May 2016 - 1:36 PM, said:

I wonder if the bspa do not want to highlight the screw up in the averages that this new system is causing.

Perhaps Kelvin will explain it all tonight .. Young Aussie at reserve banging in double figures while Young Brit gets 3 rides .. Possibly !!

Perhaps Kelvin will explain it all tonight .. Young Aussie at reserve banging in double figures while Young Brit gets 3 rides .. Possibly !!

Kelvin has said on twitter its not right that Masters is down at reserve so he might comment on it tonight.

I'm not surprised about the Howarth, Masters switch but would like to work out how Lindgren has fallen back to second string and Bech has stayed at heat leader?

All the top 5 have been consistent so cant be much in it.

Lindgren seems to be a heat leader (No.1) at home

Looks like Wolves by 28 with Sam cleaning up at reserve, doesn't seem right somehow as now Wolves have Edinburgh's Number 1 as a reserve and Edinburgh's reserve also a reserve for Wolves, my oh my :rofl:

edited as that should have said Wolves by 20

Edited by ekimba

This will go one way and not in Coventrys favour. The opportunity for a new rider has been missed and I'll be surprised if they hit 40 tonight.

36-57.