British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Rye House Thurs 12th May Koc 1st Leg

A few of those points have come when someone had failed to finish otherwise it would be lower.

The PL is a tough league and I can't see how struggling this much in almost every race, including the reserve heats, is helping the lad.

It was frightening how far off the pace he was.

It was frightening how far off the pace he was.

The way it's going for him he'll never get another team spot here & so the gamble not to race more back in Denmark may have backfired in a big way.

The way it's going for him he'll never get another team spot here & so the gamble not to race more back in Denmark may have backfired in a big way.

I'd love to know who recommended him to Rye House. Were his scores looked at in detail, any footage of him "racing" seen before he was signed?

Panic signing perhaps, but has backfired. Another meeting we should've won.

• Like 1

Well I quite enjoyed this meeting. Bit of atmosphere on back straight. Some close racing and I thought track looked well prepared. Perhaps I need a new pair of glasses or my expectations are lowering.

A half decent five pointer in the other reserve spot and we would have won last night.

Lanham and Kasper should have pressure on their spots also, Lanham's done enough laps around Ipswich to be doing better than three points.

Relied on Kennett going unbeaten yet again. Robbo's scored his average so no issues with his performance for me. Morley with two heat wins away from home, very good for a number seven.

• Like 2

That's typical Lanham at Ipswich which is why he hasn't ridden for the club a lot.

Ipswich let that meeting get away so need a miracle to get through to next round, maybe Kennett's van breaking down on route. ;) Why do they insist on having an interval, always happens with the Witches, going well, take an interval and let the other team back in. If they want an interval take it after heat 15 and then have some junior racing.

Kennett was so smooth and so fast last night , class act from last night never ever looked like he was going to be beaten .

A half decent five pointer in the other reserve spot and we would have won last night.

Lanham and Kasper should have pressure on their spots also, Lanham's done enough laps around Ipswich to be doing better than three points.

Relied on Kennett going unbeaten yet again. Robbo's scored his average so no issues with his performance for me. Morley with two heat wins away from home, very good for a number seven.

Lanham yes was a little poor but i thought Kasper worked very hard for his 4 points . Was on the pace every race .

• Like 2

I can't remember the last time Kennett was beaten at ipswich. I'm sure he rode a faultless maximum last season to. Which makes me wonder why he isn't in our number 1 race jacket.

• Like 1

There were rumours at the end of last season that he was coming to Ipswich as he didn't want another year of carrying the Rockets.

I can't remember the last time Kennett was beaten at ipswich.

Dropped a point in heat 1 of the PL meeting

Well I quite enjoyed this meeting. Bit of atmosphere on back straight. Some close racing and I thought track looked well prepared. Perhaps I need a new pair of glasses or my expectations are lowering.

Thought the meeting was poor to be honest.
  • Like 1

Depends what you think the track was well prepared for? And close racing often means no one can overtake.

Kennett was so smooth and so fast last night , class act from last night never ever looked like he was going to be beaten .

Lanham yes was a little poor but i thought Kasper worked very hard for his 4 points . Was on the pace every race .

Trouble is he's always going to have to fight for his points because he can't gate. Always battling/he's a nice guy, are arguments in the same vein for me. I don't particularly care, I want a bloke who can score the points.

I can't remember the last time Kennett was beaten at ipswich. I'm sure he rode a faultless maximum last season to. Which makes me wonder why he isn't in our number 1 race jacket.

Because he's just as good around Rye and in our number one race jacket.