British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside Hammers V Wolverhampton Wolves - 1 June On Sky

Agree with what you say but it's not a farce that PL teams are not interested in moving up it is simple good business sense. Why would you move into a vastly more costly League, pay over rated riders a lot more money as they going through the motions. PL a much better prospect, with better racing for less money. Most of the sides who move up either realise their mistake and move straight back down or struggle from one embarrassment to the next unless they are one of the few well run clubs. Many clubs having had their fingers burned have settled in to the NL and made a success of things rather than losing money hand over fist. Birmingham and Eastbourne both spring to mind. Some speedway is better than none as many would find forced promotion brings them.

It's a farce from the perspective of making the leagues and the sport credible.

Otherwise I agree with the reasons you mentioned, perfect business sense but lacking in credibility.

I don't however agree with your comment about PL Is cheaper and better racing.

Is PL really that much cheaper? Not much at all.

There is no evidence the racing is better in any one league.

Have watched racing at all levels this season - EL, PL, NL, Development league, amateur. There have been good meetings and equally poor at ALL levels.

If there is any one good value league it would be the NL.

However I would pay more money to watch the top riders in the EL if that was ever a possibility and would consider £20+ money well spent for that to happen.

Elite League is roughly 17p per race more expensive than the Premier League to watch!!!!

Don't you think that the difference should be greater?

I personally think the EL is about right, it's division 2 (Premier League) that is woefully over-priced!!!

Elite League is roughly 17p per race more expensive than the Premier League to watch!!!!

Don't you think that the difference should be greater?

I personally think the EL is about right, it's division 2 (Premier League) that is woefully over-priced!!!

Sorry Lakeside Fans, I have been led off topic....

Back to Lakeside v Wolves...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Weather forecast for Purfleet today..

Dull, with the chance of a heavy shower in the morning, up to around 12:00/13:00 (Best sort of track watering on the earth for speedway)

The afternoon and evening looks dry to me, possibility the sun may poke through late afternoon, giving the temp a boost up to around 15c, shouldn't be any issues weatherwise for Lakeside v Wolves this evening, shouldn't be any Sun breaks either!

17 miles North of the track its just stopped raining after a long heavy shower so lets hope that's the one you are referring to now out of the way. The day is still damp and misty though.

Wolves usually put on a good show when they are down so looking forward to tonight.

4.30pm and I'm at the track, which looks great thanks to the efforts of Gerald, Ken and crew, so meeting is most certainly ON! No watching those soaps, get yourselves here to support AJ and the Hammers as they take on Fast Freddie and his Wolfpack and remember it's a 7.30pm start.

• Like 3

4.30pm and I'm at the track, which looks great thanks to the efforts of Gerald, Ken and crew, so meeting is most certainly ON! No watching those soaps, get yourselves here to support AJ and the Hammers as they take on Fast Freddie and his Wolfpack and remember it's a 7.30pm start.

Looks like they ARE watching the soaps.

Really poor looking crowd on back straight. :cry:

Christ, what comments from Joonas, I thought for Lakeside the track wasnt that bad, its wavey but no way as bad as Poole.

Something tells me JK isn't happy with the track

And yet he's one of the riders looking best on it.

He didn't hold back did he, slating both Lakeside & Poole's tracks. as a spectator tbf the racing has looked better than I have seen usually at Lakeside but then I'm not the one riding it. Still looks better than the mess at Poole.

Edit: Kerr is hating it.

Track isn't the best, but Kylmakorpi showed you can pass on the outside if your brave enough. Need Masters and Bech to come to the party if we want to be in with a chance of nicking a point.

Did Peter Adams really just say "You've got to go outside or inside"?

So, that's the way the top team managers think!!!!

Did Peter Adams really just say "You've got to go outside or inside"?

So, that's the way the top team managers think!!!!

He was talking about the holes!