British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Belle Vue Aces, Sat 18th June @ 19:30

I think it should be compulsory for the winner to go round acknowledging the crowd. It's part of the show.

• Like 3

I think it should be compulsory for the winner to go round acknowledging the crowd. It's part of the show.

And if they are a Leicester rider at Coventry the locals can boo them :shock:

That's fine too, a bit of comedy booing never did any harm especially if the "villain" plays up to it.

Whilst I'm not advocating WWE style behaviour a bit of afters or banter all adds to the package imo.

• Like 1

And if they are a Leicester rider at Coventry the locals can boo them :shock:

That would involve a Leicester rider winning a heat!

• Like 1

Yes, I did manage it ok!!

The flags a quite heavy, and probably not good to hang on to or grab if you've got "arm pump" I am going to see if I can find some lighter sticks for the flags, perhaps a bit of poly pipe, rather than broom handle....

Also, the riders can only accept the flags in their left hands, the right hands are throttle bound and attached to the cut-outs...

I was on the 4th bend so can't see that far to notice how the rider got a flag. :P So it was you then, but if they're heavy how did you go on when Lions got a 5-1 as that meant 2 flags. :wink:

That's fine too, a bit of comedy booing never did any harm especially if the "villain" plays up to it.

Whilst I'm not advocating WWE style behaviour a bit of afters or banter all adds to the package imo.

Yes, I agree. Anything that will make the winning rider do a victory lap instead of just turning round and going back to the pits. Perhaps an opposition rider could have a chequered flag. Most fans appreciate visiting riders anyway ~ at Peterborough they politely clap. :lol: At Coventry Scott Nicholls, Simon Stead, Joonas Kylmakorpi, still always get a good reception but Hans Andersen doesn't seem too popular strangely enough.

• Like 1

Let's take it back to when the lions first opened and bring the bikes out to the start line introduce the riders individually complete the coin toss and let them have a couple of practise laps as we are saying it's an entertainment sport lets start entertaining a little more.