British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Coventry Mon 27th June

In his Leicester Mercury piece today Mr Hemsley says Sky cameras will the there at Beaumont Park on Monday.

In his Leicester Mercury piece today Mr Hemsley says Sky cameras will the there at Beaumont Park on Monday.

It does say that in the Mercury, but it was announced at last Saturday's meeting that it wasn't a SKY meeting. The SKY meeting for Monday is the premier league clash between Berwick & Workington. Unless there 's been a change by SKY, but there's nothing mentioned about a change on the Berwick / Workington thread in the premier league section.

Edited by stevethelion

Sky, however, say they're showing Berwick v Workington on Monday.

The Mercury making a mistake? Never! :lol: I only get it second hand and skim through it but usually notice quite a few errors. The last one I remember was a big article about former Leicester rider Johnny Carpenter who recently died aged 90. The caption on the photo said he was fourth from the right when it actually wasn't him. Don't they have proof readers these days or check any articles before printing. They shouldn't get something like that wrong.

Whats it got to do with hemsley ? hes not a promoter until at least after his appeal .in fact I dont know how they can do a deal between promoters because Leicester haven't got one

What I meant was it's been done before by David. Leicester, Poole, Belle Vue have all previously stopped matches going ahead.

The Mercury making a mistake? Never! :lol: I only get it second hand and skim through it but usually notice quite a few errors. The last one I remember was a big article about former Leicester rider Johnny Carpenter who recently died aged 90. The caption on the photo said he was fourth from the right when it actually wasn't him. Don't they have proof readers these days or check any articles before printing. They shouldn't get something like that wrong.

Think the Mercury may get a letter from DH's solicitors for mis-quoting him!

And the BSPA could slap another fine on him for making another fraudulent comment :o

• Like 3

This match should be called off as it would be financial suicide to run it on a night England play in the last 16 of the euros.

Josh Bates has been officially withdrawn from his PL meeting tonight after suffering concussion in heat five. 😕

Oh for heaven's sake! Just when we get going someone else gets injured. :neutral:

Oh for heaven's sake! Just when we get going someone else gets injured. :neutral:

Is that a 7 day rest now ?

Friday June 24, 2016

COVENTRY'S Elite League trip to Leicester on Monday will now start at the earlier time of 6.30pm to avoid clashing with Englands Euro 2016 match against Iceland.

Lions owner David Hemsley said: "Since it was first known that England had qualified for the last sixteen in the competition and would be playing on Monday we received many messages from speedway fans to say that they were torn between either attending our match against Coventry or supporting England.

"We are aware that we have fans who watch both sports but when England are playing in a national tournament the interest increases to a new level and so we have made arrangements to give our fans the opportunity to not miss out either way.

As long as there are no racing incidents to hold the meeting up we should be able to complete all fifteen heats before the kick-off time. We are planning to keep the bar area open afterwards so fans can watch the football match on the television if they wish.

"I would like to thank the Coventry management for agreeing to a change of start-time and the riders of both teams.

The original fixture between the clubs was postponed in March due to heavy rain during the evening and rescheduled for Monday night.

The stadium ticket office at Leicester will be open from 5.30pm onwards on Monday.

Edited by NeilWatson

great! i change my shift, so I was able to go. now they have changed the start time I can't go anymore! why do i bother, just ruins everyone's plans

Such a patronising tone to the message!

"We are planning to keep the bar area open so fans can watch the football match on the television if they wish". Sounds like a bl**dy public school Headmaster.

Your customers ain't underling pupils, David, they're grownups.

How about:

"We'll have a TV set up in the bar, and supporters will be welcome to come in and watch the football after the end of our match."

• Like 1