British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Scunthorpe Pl Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday 26 June 2016 At 5pm

We are being starved of our speedway at Brough, what with rain offs or unavailability of the stadium so it will be a great relief to have a dry Sunday (Fingers Crossed!). This fixture will be a double header hence the 5pm start time The 2nd leg KO CUP meeting is the first match with a PL match following it. Hopefully the Diamonds can call on all of their riders for the double header. The 2nd match Premier League in the double header is important for the diamonds we need a good win to claw our way up the league table

Newcastle

1. Robert Lambert
2. Victor Palovaara
3. Matej Kus
4. Ludvig Lindgren
5. Steve Worrall
6. Lewis Rose
7. Danny Phillips

Scunthorpe
1. Josh Auty
2. Lewis Kerr
3. Michael Palm Toft
4. Alex Davies
5. Ryan Douglas
6. Carl Wilkinson
7. Josh Bailey

As usual we have to await news on any guests or R/R. The Scorpions have two of my favourite riders both ex diamonds Lewi Kerr and Carl Wilkinson.
The first leg of the KO Cup match held at Scunthorpe saw the Scorpions take the match 50-40 so we start 10points behind. Now if our lads can remember how to ride our track after all the call offs ( :lol:) I can see us winning the aggregate tie quite comfortably
Personally I no longer like double headers as I am getting on a bit (Yep it comes to us all) and I have aches and pains from standing around for 15 hts never mind 30 ( :sad:) but I will be there hopefully applauding 2 match wins for the diamonds after 30 heats :party:
Edited by dantodan

No offence Sunthorpe, but should be two easy wins, their main riders aren't so good around Brough although I am really looking forward to seeing Carl Wilkinson ride against Lewis Rose :t: Not sure how well Josh Bailey will go around Brough Park but hopefully Danny Phillips can beat him and actually get some points!!

Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall should be much, MUCH stronger around Brough Park than Josh Auty and Ryan Douglas who both tend to really struggle around the tight bends.

Matej Kus and Ludvig Lindgren should also comfortably beat the Scorpions 3 and 4 around Brough although Michael Palm Toft has had decent meetings at Brough in the past, although from the reserve position

Although Lewis Kerr is an ex-Diamonds and knows the track well, I would hope Victor Palovaara could beat him :)

Going for a 60+ win in the first meeting and a high 50 win in the second although if we can just score over 110 points on the night, it'll be great to watch

• Like 1

Two dry days in a row with warm sunshine but this is only Thursday. Hope it lasts till Sunday.

The weather jinx has struck again on Thursday with our match at Ipswich falling victim to the heavy rain down south. Both teams have had lots of bad luck with rain offs etc. I hope the promoters can get by with no income via the turnstiles

Edited by dantodan

Two dry days in a row with warm sunshine but this is only Thursday. Hope it lasts till Sunday.

The weather jinx has struck again on Thursday with our match at Ipswich falling victim to the heavy rain down south. Both teams have had lots of bad luck with rain offs etc. I hope the promoters can get by with no income via the turnstiles

its bound to chuck it down on Saturday (plate day) and might carry on till Sunday :(

Weather Forecast isn't good for sunday ( :cry:)

For those who purchased online tickets for last Sunday's washout and wish to attend this week's double header, info here:

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100554

Does anyone know if the car parking tickets can be re-used? Paid to park for about 60 seconds before finding out it was off...

Does anyone know if the car parking tickets can be re-used? Paid to park for about 60 seconds before finding out it was off...

yeah, but ye get double parking t'morro,,, unless its £2 ;)

The weather forecast looks a replica of last week.

yeah,,, could be another 'head scratcher' for most of the day, hmmm

A1 northbound closed due to sinkhole opening up. Closed all day, may not affect travelling Scunny fans but maybe worth bearing in mind as could have knock on effect.

Edited by diamond@heart

Sensible decision. That's no home match in the whole of June. Can we really afford not to run on GP weekend?

• Like 1

Sensible decision. That's no home match in the whole of June. Can we really afford not to run on GP weekend?

maybe a Monday meeting ???

If we can get someone to come, I wouldn't be surprised if we ran on the Monday.

maybe a Monday meeting ???

Beat me to it!