British Speedway Forum

I do feel that BSI should make some sort of statement to the effect that the date will be announced in due course/within a certain period/negotiations are still ongoing simply on the basis that the marketplace is accustomed to the next British GP date being announced within 48 hours of the previous one being completed. It will also stop me looking at the SGP website every couple of hours!

Edited by Northern Exile
  • Like 4

I've preliminary booked a hotel (Ibis Newport ) £76 2 nights......free cancellation if it's a different date?

Done the same thing, see you there :)

Also booked for 1 night.

Contacted BSI, but all they can say at present is that they will let us know a.s.a.p.

Does anyone agree that we might get the Grand Prix dates after this weekend at Belle vue, surely it's not big enough for a Grand Prix audience.

Does anyone agree that we might get the Grand Prix dates after this weekend at Belle vue, surely it's not big enough for a Grand Prix audience.

Personally think an English gp would sell our and have no detrimental impact on Cardiff. 12000 (?) is more than most gps get, an excellent race track and presume with the limited number of seats you could charge a premium and easily sell out.

Guest GiveusaB

Personally think an English gp would sell our and have no detrimental impact on Cardiff. 12000 (?) is more than most gps get, an excellent race track and presume with the limited number of seats you could charge a premium and easily sell out.

Grand Prix has to stay in Cardiff IMO......having just attended the WTC, Manchester/Belle Vue doesnt come close to the Cardiff weekend IMO (yes, better race track, but not enough capacity? risk of rain off? Cardiff, head and shoulders above Manchester as a City !!!...... I think this debate is on another thread? Charge a premium??? why would the average speedway fan want to be cxharged a premium??? The world's money mad already....what about the working class fan? Speedway's a family sport, not a Premier League football sport!

In no way was I suggesting it replace Cardiff, that's why I stated English gp and that it wouldn't IMHO impact on Cardiff attendances.

What I meant by premium was that you could possibly charge more than Cardiff for the cheapest seats - 40quid maybe- and still sell out the meeting.

Guest GiveusaB

In no way was I suggesting it replace Cardiff, that's why I stated English gp and that it wouldn't IMHO impact on Cardiff attendances.

What I meant by premium was that you could possibly charge more than Cardiff for the cheapest seats - 40quid maybe- and still sell out the meeting.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

2 British Gps would be appealing.

Cardiff, head and shoulders above Manchester as a City !!!

I thought I was just being biassed in thinking this.

We spent Sat AM wandering round the Arndale centre / Piccadilly area and notwithstanding that there was so much construction going on the whole area seemed disjointed with little beyond the usual chains of shops. Maybe we tried the wrong part of Manchester, but we did feel that Cardiff's compact city centre had far more buzz and life to it.

Niamh

• Like 1

Cardiff is a great city to visit for a sports event, compact and a real "buzz" about the place. Only real downside of course is the price of accommodation.