British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Buxton V Mildenhall 24th July

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Many thanks

Edit - Now sorted.

Edited by crazysue

Who were the last father & son to ride for the same team?

I think Andy Mountain guested for KL when Connor rode for them

not sure that was National league? was it not a junior league? (If it was sorry for doubting you)

This will have been discussed elsewhere on this forum I am sure, but am I alone in being fed up with loud music played at speedway meetings between heats?

It is a mystery to me why Buxton speedway has on some occasions a PA system completely unable to deliver heat results, yet perfectly capable of spoon feeding muzak to the assembled throng?

Speedway is supposed to be a family orientated, social occasion, or so we are led to believe from seventy years of marketing, yet between races we cannot hear a word our friends are saying because of music played far too loudly.

To add to my Gruffalo rant, I would be perfectly happy to hear announcers and track announcers simply giving information relevant to speedway, or interviews with riders or managers, I can manage perfectly without the Smashie and Nicie inane chatter so common nowadays.

A track announcer who is not ecstatic at a visiting team win might be nice.

Oddly enough, I would like to see my chosen team win occasionally too, but perhaps that really is a bridge too far, a Pipedream perhaps...

Have you really just posted that, how old are you?

My 6 year old loves places like Cardiff where the music nets blasted out. She gets bored listening to adults talking boring stuff (we have however got her used to shutting up during the official result so we can get the times.

Have you really just posted that, how old are you?

My 6 year old loves places like Cardiff where the music nets blasted out. She gets bored listening to adults talking boring stuff (we have however got her used to shutting up during the official result so we can get the times.

Yes I have. 60. Buy your daughter a book.

Although its our first away win for a while...I really think this is the start of something at Mildy, Colesy's a different rider altogether !

Probably hadn't taken his meds before he posted that.

This will have been discussed elsewhere on this forum I am sure, but am I alone in being fed up with loud music played at speedway meetings between heats?

It is a mystery to me why Buxton speedway has on some occasions a PA system completely unable to deliver heat results, yet perfectly capable of spoon feeding muzak to the assembled throng?

Speedway is supposed to be a family orientated, social occasion, or so we are led to believe from seventy years of marketing, yet between races we cannot hear a word our friends are saying because of music played far too loudly.

To add to my Gruffalo rant, I would be perfectly happy to hear announcers and track announcers simply giving information relevant to speedway, or interviews with riders or managers, I can manage perfectly without the Smashie and Nicie inane chatter so common nowadays.

A track announcer who is not ecstatic at a visiting team win might be nice.

Oddly enough, I would like to see my chosen team win occasionally too, but perhaps that really is a bridge too far, a Pipedream perhaps...

Yeah I hate it when announcers build atmosphere at meetings and when music is played between heats instead of deathly silence. Let's not try entertain the next generation of supporters, let's carry on as it was in the seventies and eighties because that's still working so well...

Yeah I hate it when announcers build atmosphere at meetings and when music is played between heats instead of deathly silence. Let's not try entertain the next generation of supporters, let's carry on as it was in the seventies and eighties because that's still working so well...

so do i . i mean all the teenagers and younger kids get really revved up when they hear muzak at ear splitting volumes , the one or 2 old people who prefer to hold a conversation could always find a quiet corner somewhere , these days you give the majority what they want and try to fit in with them , and oldsparky should learn that if he wants to still attend he needs to wear his trousers round his ankles and put his cap on back to front . oldsparky you should not need reminding you are in a minority and you will have to get used to the will of the throngs of teenagers that frequent speedway these days, and move with the times or move on . innit innit innit !!!!

Who were the last father & son to ride for the same team?

I think Andy Mountain guested for KL when Connor rode for them

If the Mountains is being discounted (as suggested above) then I'll go with Les and Aiden Collins at Glasgow in 2000 and 2001. Actually rode at 1 and 2 together for a bit.

so do i . i mean all the teenagers and younger kids get really revved up when they hear muzak at ear splitting volumes , the one or 2 old people who prefer to hold a conversation could always find a quiet corner somewhere , these days you give the majority what they want and try to fit in with them , and oldsparky should learn that if he wants to still attend he needs to wear his trousers round his ankles and put his cap on back to front . oldsparky you should not need reminding you are in a minority and you will have to get used to the will of the throngs of teenagers that frequent speedway these days, and move with the times or move on . innit innit innit !!!!

It's about striking a balance, but if you don't cater to the future audience then there won't be an audience in the future. If you don't like a bit of noise then why would you choose to go to a live Motorsport event? But let's just carry on playing the Nolan Sisters and Hi-Ho Silver Lining at a barely audible level in between heats, that'll get new fans in and keep them hooked.