British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rickyb

Kings Lynn Young Stars V Belle Vue Colts 27th July 2016

weather looking good for this one, if its half as good as the last match we are in for a treat

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Edited by Elliot Hunt

Young Stars

JB – was excellent, a great ride to catch then take Williamson

SC – was steady, but that’s his role

RK – Tough night fell in 1st ride then did well to stay on bike in 3rd when pulling a massive wheelie out of bend head towards fence. Always 100%.

TS – Looking a bit sharper out of the gate than normal now he is getting some PL experience. Should soon be beating visitors number 1’s regularly if he continues.

NG – Thought he was fast last night could not make out if he was team riding or racing JB in one race.

LW – Wins his first race, two 3rds behind a team mate and fell when giving it a blast around the outside on the last lap while trying to take 3rd place. I think he is only 15yo, really like his attitude.

SH – Very Good night nearly got his maximum.

Colts

DB – put his bike down in first race, and was so slow out of the gate on his 2nd. Was very fast in his 3rd ride and was going around the boards on bend 1&2 around JB/NG when he lost it. Have to say he looks very neat on the bike. In 12 months when he has developed a bit more upper body strength he will take some stopping. In his last two races lifted both times out of the start, as if he can’t control the torque from the start yet, that will come with the strength.

TW – steady, was quick out of the gate.

MW – Very strong, and was involved in some good races, you can see everyone wants to beat him.

RS – was excellent, did well in 1st ride to put bike down to miss RK then got better with every race.

LP – they missed him.

DH – struggled with the track I think, didn’t want to leave the inside line. Did not look to confident.

LC – could see he was trying too hard as was getting out of shape. Looked very much on the pace in his last ride against 3 stronger riders.

• Like 1

Young Stars

JB – was excellent, a great ride to catch then take Williamson

SC – was steady, but that’s his role

RK – Tough night fell in 1st ride then did well to stay on bike in 3rd when pulling a massive wheelie out of bend head towards fence. Always 100%.

TS – Looking a bit sharper out of the gate than normal now he is getting some PL experience. Should soon be beating visitors number 1’s regularly if he continues.

NG – Thought he was fast last night could not make out if he was team riding or racing JB in one race.

LW – Wins his first race, two 3rds behind a team mate and fell when giving it a blast around the outside on the last lap while trying to take 3rd place. I think he is only 15yo, really like his attitude.

SH – Very Good night nearly got his maximum.

Colts

DB – put his bike down in first race, and was so slow out of the gate on his 2nd. Was very fast in his 3rd ride and was going around the boards on bend 1&2 around JB/NG when he lost it. Have to say he looks very neat on the bike. In 12 months when he has developed a bit more upper body strength he will take some stopping. In his last two races lifted both times out of the start, as if he can’t control the torque from the start yet, that will come with the strength.

TW – steady, was quick out of the gate.

MW – Very strong, and was involved in some good races, you can see everyone wants to beat him.

RS – was excellent, did well in 1st ride to put bike down to miss RK then got better with every race.

LP – they missed him.

DH – struggled with the track I think, didn’t want to leave the inside line. Did not look to confident.

LC – could see he was trying too hard as was getting out of shape. Looked very much on the pace in his last ride against 3 stronger riders.

good summary

my first visit this year at kings lynn and the young stars impressed me

Josh Bailey looks class around there and 15 year old Lewis looked fast and wasn't afraid to get out in the dirt and make passes

Belle Vue were poor but Rob and Matt rode really well

Young stars certainly look a good force at home as Kent found out

Josh Bailey was excellent.

Shane Hazelden was a bit of an unsung hero down at reserve.

Dan Bewley looks like a huge prospect.

Rob Shuttleworth was good value too.

Meeting improved in the later stages as the Colts worked out the track but by then the Young Stars were out of sight.

Great sunset!