British Speedway Forum

Yeah, but it's only for a selective few.

If your name ain't down you ain't coming in

How many on your List then baldy - apart from the Down family?

I honestly don't know, it's still being talked about. Not sure what size of list has to do with anything, it isn't a competition. It's just some of are going to meet up, that's all I know at this stage. It's not a massif thing, just a friends thing.

Edited by baldyman

I will be leaving shortly for the Oak Tree Arena having been very generously lent RH55's car for the journey. Thank you RH55.

If I get there in time for Heat 1, I intend posting Heat details on the Massif Facebook page, but of course you should always rely (and can always rely), on the magnificent Speedway Updates site for clear, accurate and punctual updates.

• Like 1

Always a pleasure bro!

• Like 1

He's a (close) relative and I have known him all my / his life :wink::cheers:

Oh right, well you need to go back a few pages and change where you say nice to meet you for the first time. Or maybe you already have.

Thank you for those kind words RH55. Each to his own of course and one man's meat is another's poison and all that and there is some poison on this Forum unfortunately, but hey ho, eh?

It was great to meet you and Jim, in the flesh, for the first time

Oh no its still the same. As you can see its easily confusing. Meeting someone for the first time in the flesh and being a close relative. Doh, how stupid am I getting that confused.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

Well if looks like something don't add up there.

• Like 2

Never any good at math :lol:

And it was good to meet Jim and his mate for the first time - "you" is Jim's mate.

(Gee, it's like the "lewy" brigade on my back)

Edited by macca56

I'm a miserable old sod.

I quite like being a miserable old sod.

I don't like dodgy pm's, texts or phone calls and don't do them, maybe because I'm a miserable old sod.

I like Wagon Wheels and Pick n Mix.

I enjoy a bit of noise when I'm not doing the Chatzone updates or listening to whether I've won the prize draw.

I missed out on meeting Jim and his mate because I wasn't there.

I think it was because of my father-in-law who definitely isn't all there - but he used to be all there before the Alzheimers took over.

But he's still confounding medical opinion and is still there - just not all there.

They've nicknamed him Lazarus in the care home.

But he's still there.

I can't be a liar because you need a good memory to be a good liar and my memory's not what it was because I'm a miserable old sod.

But I think Mr. Presenter is doing a great job,

It's just that I still can't hear him to be sure.

Maybe that's also because I'm a miserable old sod or maybe it's because of something else.

But in the back straight scaffolding I'm still there.

But I still don't like the Weegies and that's not because I'm a miserable old sod.

• Like 3

I genuinely haven't a clue what's going on in this thread. Not a clue.

You have to be in it to win it.