British Speedway Forum

What's going on guys? Very quiet on here at the moment, have you all fallen out? It's normally buzzing with silly but fun ideas.

Good to see MF back and fishing.

• Like 1

It's the lull before the storm on here, I think things might go slightly ballistic if we qualify for the playoff semi's with all sorts of ludicrous ideas!

Inflatable baby toys is an option Kitykat but might be a tad difficult to get hold of, we'll keep that one on the back burner for the time being I think.

Making some noise for the 500cc tractor 🚜 boys will be the main priority should things go according to plan.

• Like 1

I see the Somerset leg of the semi final is Friday 7th October.

I don't know if there is any seniority in getting the second leg of a tie?

But if so then presumably Somerset's home match will be the first leg.

No provisional Ippo or Us semi final fixture on BSPA so it looks like the Ippo leg may not be till 13th October which matches the fixtures on the Ippo site.

So another 2 and a bit weeks to go!!

It'll be freezing by then!!

I see the Somerset leg of the semi final is Friday 7th October.

I don't know if there is any seniority in getting the second leg of a tie?

But if so then presumably Somerset's home match will be the first leg.

No provisional Ippo or Us semi final fixture on BSPA so it looks like the Ippo leg may not be till 13th October which matches the fixtures on the Ippo site.

So another 2 and a bit weeks to go!!

It'll be freezing by then!!

I thought you Scots were a hardly lot compared to us southern softies ?

I'll be fine it's you lot I'm concerned about - especially baldyman!!

• Like 1

Good to see MF back and fishing.

You will have to trust me on this James, i am not him. We are not even the same sex.

I'll be fine it's you lot I'm concerned about - especially baldyman!!

I might be a pretty boy(so I'm told),,but I know how to keep warm, but thank you very much for your concern Scotsman.

I was thinking more mothercare, what with all the toys being thrown out of prams.

baby rattles - could be a theme! wink
  • Like 1

I thought that the provisional Semi Final dates had been decided as:

Somerset home leg (1): Friday 7th October

Ipswich home leg (2): Thursday 13th October but not sure where I got that from, possibly BBC Radio Suffolk.

Is anyone thinking of going on Friday? I've looked at train (£138), plane (£98) and boat (sunk without trace), so am thinking of driving up, but would hate to be there if Monarchs get those 15 x 4-2's.

Scotty, I am guessing that Armadale is a hike both from the airport and the train station? Friday / Saturday travel and accommodation is always more expensive than midweek too.

Been looking at a nice little Guest House at Burnham on Sea too, but don't want to tempt fate, lol.

EDIT: I understand there is a big four wheeled event at Foxhall on Saturday 8th, so that would knock out a speedway meeting on Thursday 6th too.

Edited by macca56

I thought that the provisional Semi Final dates had been decided as:

Somerset home leg (1): Friday 7th October

Ipswich home leg (2): Thursday 13th October but not sure where I got that from, possibly BBC Radio Suffolk.

Is anyone thinking of going on Friday? I've looked at train (£138), plane (£98) and boat (sunk without trace), so am thinking of driving up, but would hate to be there if Monarchs get those 15 x 4-2's.

Scotty, I am guessing that Armadale is a hike both from the airport and the train station? Friday / Saturday travel and accommodation is always more expensive than midweek too.

Been looking at a nice little Guest House at Burnham on Sea too, but don't want to tempt fate, lol.

EDIT: I understand there is a big four wheeled event at Foxhall on Saturday 8th, so that would knock out a speedway meeting on Thursday 6th too.

Station 40 minute drive

Airport 20 minute drive

Hope this helps, shows how close Edinburgh speedway is to Edinburgh

• Like 1

Station 40 minute drive

Airport 20 minute drive

Hope this helps, shows how close Edinburgh speedway is to Edinburgh

Thank you, very helpful.

Thanks brother from another mother.

EDIT: I see that Ryan Fisher has announced his retirement from British speedway from the end of this season.

Edited by macca56