British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham: V Isle Of Wight Wed 31st Aug

BIRMINGHAM: Mitchell Davey, Danyon Hume, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

ISLE OF WIGHT: Mark Baseby, Kelsey Dugard, Lee Smart, Chris Widman, James Cockle, Layne Cupitt, Nathan Stoneman
The Brummies have drafted in Coventry racer Mitchell Davey at No. 1 and will make a late decision on the inclusion of teenage reserve Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

Said Drury: "Jack has been feeling the effects of illness since the weekend and while he's getting better he's still not 100 per cent.

"He's going to ring me first thing on Wednesday and we will make a decision between us then depending on how he feels.

May be worth keeping an eye on the heats in which Danyon and Kelsey line up against each other after their close encounter at Smallbrook last week :-)

Then again, Danyon was in a class of his own tonight and Kelsey didn't really get close.

Danyon earning a Guest booking at No. 1 for Eastbourne at the IoW tomorrow too.

Well done Danyon. Tonight was the night. Just a shame the Perry Barr bar was shut when you eventually found your van keys.... :-)

So pleased for your Dad too.

• Like 1

i know the brummies are good but it was a shocking performance by the warriors top 5. they were 1/4 of a lap behind in many of the races. the warriors will be sick of danyon by tomorrow night ,hopefully.

• Like 1

i know the brummies are good but it was a shocking performance by the warriors top 5. they were 1/4 of a lap behind in many of the races. the warriors will be sick of danyon by tomorrow night ,hopefully.

things are looking good for today then :D

things are looking good for today then :D

on a purely selfish front alex , not for me . just tried to book my car on a wightlink ferry to take advantage of one of their deals to find i can't get over to the island at all this afternoon , and if i could i can't get back over tomorrow until 9.00 and we need to be at lakeside for 8.00. this was the first fixture i looked for, i've never pre-booked before , can't believe it.

on a purely selfish front alex , not for me . just tried to book my car on a wightlink ferry to take advantage of one of their deals to find i can't get over to the island at all this afternoon , and if i could i can't get back over tomorrow until 9.00 and we need to be at lakeside for 8.00. this was the first fixture i looked for, i've never pre-booked before , can't believe it.

I know they don't do the deal but what about the red funnel ferries from Southampton? Downside is that it ads 10-20 miles into your journey...