British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

He has however got £16000 in the bank, which if in view of claims of non payment of riders and others seems to be more than a promoter of recent past. So perhaps he can give some to Ged. Or am I being naïve? " A rhetorical question"

and so the inane drivel continues......

ha ha a smack down for Jim!! :D

nothing personal; just wish people would stop adding to the cr4p.

It's a Panthers thread and there's plenty to discuss ON topic.

I'm curious to know whether Panthers could actually have ridden tonight (Friday). Don't Monarch's already have a meeting? Or was a double-header being mooted by the Edinburgh club?

Or maybe a fixture swap, with Monarchs v Somerset being shifted to a later, post-deadline date? But would Somerset and/or Monarchs be happy with that? I doubt it, what with it also doubling up as the 2nd leg the of the Prem Shield and a trophy at stake. The BSPA would never sanctionit anyway!

Ged Rathbone has said that Friday would mean Panthers being without FOUR riders who would be away on 'international duty'. Not sure what that means exactly, or which four riders he was talking about. K.Bjerre seems to the the key rider that would be missing, but somebody has claimed that he's only got a commitment in Europe on Sunday - so if that's the case surely he'd be ok to ride on Friday? (Then again, this is Kenneth Bjerre we're talking about....)

And is Holub one of them, and does he genuinely have a clash on Friday?

Ged has also said that Panthers wouldn't get a facility. Does he mean no facility for all four - in which case R/R wouldn't work - or just for KB? And how come Somerset can have four guest riders lined up for their Friday meeting at Edinburgh, and Panthers can't? Is Ged being a tad economic with the truth, or am I showing my ignorance about the arcane BSPA rules?

Looking forward to some interesting and enlightening replies.....

;)

p.s. and exactly WHY couldn't Monarchs have slotted it in for Monday?

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

I'm curious to know whether Panthers could actually have ridden tonight (Friday). Don't Monarch's already have a meeting? Or was a double-header being mooted by the Edinburgh club?

Or maybe a fixture swap, with Monarchs v Somerset being shifted to a later, post-deadline date? But would Somerset and/or Monarchs be happy with that? I doubt it, what with it also doubling up as the 2nd leg the of the Prem Shield and a trophy at stake. The BSPA would never sanctionit anyway!

Ged Rathbone has said that Friday would mean Panthers being without FOUR riders who would be away on 'international duty'. Not sure what that means exactly, or which four riders he was talking about. K.Bjerre seems to the the key rider that would be missing, but somebody has claimed that he's only got a commitment in Europe on Sunday - so if that's the case surely he'd be ok to ride on Friday? (Then again, this is Kenneth Bjerre we're talking about....)

Ged has also said that Panthers wouldn't get a facility. Does he mean no facility for all four - in which case R/R wouldn't work - or just for KB? And how come Somerset can have four guest riders lined up for their Friday meeting at Edinburgh, and Panthers can't? Is Ged being a tad economic with the truth, or am I showing my ignorance about the arcane BSPA rules?

;)

Don't know all your answers, but from previous information I understand this Friday was available to any of Somerset, Glasgow or Peterborough and eventually Somerset agreed even though they would have to get a number of guests in. Edinburgh probably would have done a double header if teams had been willing - just to add another variable when Redcar/Plymouth both rode was that not a possibility I'm sure they would have swopped to let a higher priority fixture take place (but again we mortals do not know who has offered declined etc.)

Is Rich Hall grasstracking /longtracking ?

Somerset's missing riders are injured or doubling up in Elite league

I think most promoters put their own spin on situations, so IMO Ged is maybe being a bit biased with his view on the reluctance to rearrange to suit his exact requirements ;)

• Like 1

Of the three teams mentioned for Edinburgh on Friday only Peterborough needed to go there with a decent team as there fixture had more importance to them than Somerset and Glasgow,think all the hassle Ged has had at points starting with last year and the Sheffield debaite maybe he's had enough you can only take so much and perhaps this was the final straw.

Edinburgh are a joke, offering the 23rd is a disgrace.

I hope the Panthers send out a team full of guests and R/R.

No change there then.

Your team is different every match.

How many riders have you used so far??

Why would Sunday be an issue for a Friday meeting?

I believe Kevin Wolbert is there on Sunday too and riding at Edinburgh tonight.

hall longtrack gp probably saturday

bjerre golden helmet sunday

holub golden helmet sunday and possibly zlata stuha on saturday

thomsen golden helmet sunday

and SEC Saturday?

and SEC Saturday?

So Thomsen's in that is Bjerre as well? Still means none of the four is riding tonight which is absolutely laughable, if it was Edinburgh vs Peterborough tonight the only rider that should of been missing is Erik Riss who is riding in the WU21's right now (he has 3 from 3).

;)

Just realised I posted the above in the Panthers 2017 thread when it really should've been in the other one (Panthers 2016).

But at least it's about Panthers...... and it even managed to get some responses that were actually on topic :shock:

Not that much fog has been lifted

Thank God Peterboroughs season is over now as there's so many non Panthers fans getting so upset that they didn't go to Edinburgh

;)

Monarch's race on a Friday every week of the season (when it doesn't rain)! Why should they change to a Monday just to suit Peterborough?

• Like 1

Monarch's race on a Friday every week of the season (when it doesn't rain)! Why should they change to a Monday just to suit Peterborough?

Is that a good or valid reason?

Other clubs fit meetings in on 'non-race days' and try to accommodate the visiting club. Panthers certainly do - and us Panthers fans get a truly mixed bag as regards which days we're down at the EoES.

Do the rules say that meeting MUST always be held on the day that the home teams prefers and/or have as their normal race day? I don't think so!

And the home team is supposed to offer 3 dates but, according to Ged Rathbone, Edinburgh didn't.

Edinburgh would race on a Monday if it suited them, for sure!

• Like 2