British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Stoke Potters V Kent Kings - Nl - 18/9/16

Tomorrow, the feisty Potters invite the Kings to sample the delights of the Loomer Road theatre of dreams.

As I am thinking of drifting along to this feast of shale-carving action, I thought I would read the preview on the Stoke website but sadly just 24 hours before this encounter, there is no mention whatsoever of the meeting.

Not to be deterred, I swiftly zipped over to the Kent website to see how they were viewing the forthcoming action.

But again, I failed to find anything at all - no team line-ups, no delusional predictions of how it would all pan out - nothing, zilch, nowt.

So without knowing who might be lining up, it is hard to predict the result but I have a feeling that the Potters will sneak a narrow win.

This will be my last season of following speedway as I can no longer be bothered trying to give enthusiastic support to clubs who don't seem minded to inform and encourage the poor souls coming through the turnstiles.

Just my opinion, obviously.

Brief review up on the Kent website now Little Thumper

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.781.1

Falcon Hammer, my friend, thank you for this information.

And thank you to Kent for providing the information which Stoke should have supplied.

In the light of Danny Phillips going AWOL, then I amend my prediction to an 8 point win for Kent.

Ben Wilson will be tired from his exertions at the NLRC and the others probably won't have much to offer.

I really dislike rider replacement. It feels as though you are getting diddled.

And it is not as though Stoke have got much in the rider talent department to fall back on.

We shall see what tomorrow brings................

• Like 1

Falcon Hammer, my friend, thank you for this information.

And thank you to Kent for providing the information which Stoke should have supplied.

In the light of Danny Phillips going AWOL, then I amend my prediction to an 8 point win for Kent.

Ben Wilson will be tired from his exertions at the NLRC and the others probably won't have much to offer.

I really dislike rider replacement. It feels as though you are getting diddled.

And it is not as though Stoke have got much in the rider talent department to fall back on.

We shall see what tomorrow brings................

Well, clearly the higher echelons of the Stoke management team are closely watching the wise words that appear on this forum because lo and behold, on Sunday morning a meeting preview has appeared on the Stoke website!

In this preview, Malcolm Vasey appears to have delved into Jason Pipe's stock of limitless optimism and suggests that, "we will just have just enough fire power to get the victory".

I hope that you are right, Malcolm, because the last thing we need to see is Stoke suffering another demoralising defeat.

Rather pleasingly, they have clearly taken on board my dissatisfaction with the rider replacement nonsense and have brought in a guest to replace AWOL Phillips.

Slightly disappointingly and with no disrespect to Ryan Blacklock, this change will have little effect on the overall result but at least, it will ease the pressure on the remaining Potters.

With Stoke and Buxton seeming to interchange riders on a very regular basis, It might be well worth their while combining into just a single team next year.

Not sure what the team would be called though - perhaps the Stoketon Pitmen?

:t:

That sounds more like an ailment than a speedway team.

:lol:

sounds like a peeping tom in the middle ages.

With Stoke and Buxton seeming to interchange riders on a very regular basis, It might be well worth their while combining into just a single team next year.

Not sure what the team would be called though - perhaps the Stoketon Pitmen?

Interestingly, the top brass from Buxton were witnessed in deep conversation with the Stoke management in the pit area prior to the start of the meeting.

So perhaps there is something afoot.

It is quite possible that Stoke had borrowed Buxton's PA system for this meeting as it was practically inaudible unless you had particularly keen hearing and were stood directly below the referees box.

And whereas at Buxton a bod shouts out the results from the top of a shipping container, we had no such courtesy extended at this meeting.

So you had to work out for yourself who was starting and what the heat results were.

And there was no explanation offered as to why the meeting started 20 minutes late.

But these technicalities aside, Stoke nearly won!

On the excellent Speedway Updates site, the texter, John Woolls states, "Not a huge crowd with almost as many dogs as people".

It was nice to see a few brave souls having made the trip up from Kent and I was particularly pleased to see one lady had brought her four or five dogs with her!

Hopefully, the dogs enjoyed the meeting and the canine supporters and the other Kent stalwarts had a safe journey back home.

Thanks for coming. Sorry it was a bit rubbishy.

Edited by Little Thumper