British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway28

Mildenhall Vs Nl Select 25th September

Yeah was there. You got to about 10 foot away once when you stopped and chatted to someone on the back straight..but then you went the other way back to the concrete

Yeah was there. You got to about 10 foot away once when you stopped and chatted to someone on the back straight..but then you went the other way back to the concrete

Oh ok, that was when I was seeking out Mr Chittock who I haven't seen for about 30 years and spent many happy years following the Witches home and away from 75 to 84. Mike taught me to sing backwards, which I had forgotten about until I saw him on Sunday. His wife, Carol, who passed away tragically young was a massive Dennis Sigalos fan and ran his fan club for some time. I had done a circuit before that semi circle.

I guess you left straight after the meeting as I hung around for some time after, chatting to Danny and his family and crew, Connor who has incurred a cost of £250 to fly back from holiday on the Thursday to enable him to ride at Armadale on Friday, Nigel Flatman, Kevin, Rob Henry and others. Always been a great part of speedway, being able to mingle after meetings.

Being such a pretty boy I'm surprised you didn't see me, or pob

Thanks but I don't think I am pretty, lol.

Not a problem anyway as am used to being away on my own and chatting with the locals. Spent a bit of time with the Ayres family after the meeting. What a nice group of people they all are. Must try and fit him in at Foxhall next season if the Witches run PL. Would save Danny a drive to Glasgow for every home meeting.

• Like 1

He would love the massif every week.

That would be an entertaining combination. Mr Danny Ayres and The Massif. The After Show Patty would be pretty mental too with lots of hugs and thumbs up.

Could see Ayres at Mildenhall next year if he's not at Glasgow.

I am no expert, 2802, but I understand that Mildenhall, (along with Eastbourne, lol) would be a non-starter despite it being so local.

I am no expert, 2802, but I understand that Mildenhall, (along with Eastbourne, lol) would be a non-starter despite it being so local.

What's the reason behind that? I'd have thought Ipswich and Mildenhall could've been the perfect set up if he was to leave Glasgow.

What's the reason behind that? I'd have thought Ipswich and Mildenhall could've been the perfect set up if he was to leave Glasgow.

Just something that was said to me by one of his relatives. Nothing to do with the Club, who I am sure he would love to ride for.