British Speedway Forum

That would quite a top 4 if we signed Klymakorpi (and Masters). I assume that would leave us very weak the bottom.

According to my very shaky logic (and maths :P ) that top 4 plus Clegg, Klindt and a 2 pointer would be 50.05!

Does anyone know what the points limit will be when the first set of averages are released?

Edited by Wolfsbane

According to my very shaky logic (and maths :P ) that top 4 plus Clegg, Klindt and a 2 pointer would be 50.05!

Does anyone know what the points limit will be when the first set of averages are released?

Well there's the other rider from last year, Bech..........................................................

*Hard hat at the ready*

Rory Schlein 7.17 @ 2nd string.

Anyone? Anyone?.

*Tumbleweed*

*Hard hat at the ready*

Rory Schlein 7.17 @ 2nd string.

Anyone? Anyone?.

*Tumbleweed*

Too much of a gamble after his injuries I feel.

• Like 1

Too much of a gamble after his injuries I feel.

Probably right. I only mentioned him because CVS has seemed to have a soft spot for him over the years.

Shame.i like Rory but i think he's had his day after the injuries. I fear he has gone the same way as Mikael Max, never be the same rider again.

Think it's unlikely that Joonas will be signing for us, I tried to make a side under the 50pt limit but this is the best I could do without leaving ourselves really exposed at reserve.

1 - Lindgren (10.09)

2 - Klindt (5.42)

3 - Thorssell (9.88)

4 - Masters (8.88)

5 - Joonas (9.35)

6 - Clegg (4.04)

7 - Williamson (3.76)

Total - 51.42

Looking pretty tough to fit Joonas in with Freddie, Thorrsell and Masters..even if you wanted to

Howarth on 7.18 for Joonas would bring it under the 50pt limit and probably allow you to invest in a slightly better reserve than Williamson, although I'm not sure Howarth is great value on that average, although he did improve towards the end of last season, especially at home.

Edited by Perton Wolf

I don't understand why Wolves would wish to include the ageing Klymakorpi. They have 2 riders averaging almost, if not more than 10.00 (Lindgren & Throsell) who considering circumstances can improve on that. In Masters, they have a rider on a near 9 point average who is at age where he is about to peak who can cover heat 15 if the previously mentioned top 2 are having an of night.

If 2 of FL, TJ & SM are having a bad night then they have an asset in Klindt on a ridiculously low average that can fill in. Clegg is a solid signing on his average at reserve.

If Wolves don't sign those five riders they are mad. If Wolves sign those 5 riders and don't win the league the management need to resign.

I don't think not getting Klindt at reserve to start the season would be that bad if they cannot sign because Poole have offered Klindt silly money. But how many times has Klindt been rumoured to sign for Poole and not done so.

Lindgren 10.09
Manzares 5.43
Masters 8.97
Thorsell 9.88
Clegg 4.34
Klindt 5.42

Not as good as it was, since if Wolves could convince Musielak to return, he can't be fitted in. So Todd Kurtz or Victor Paalovara?

Think it's unlikely that Joonas will be signing for us, I tried to make a side under the 50pt limit but this is the best I could do without leaving ourselves really exposed at reserve.

1 - Lindgren (10.09)

2 - Klindt (5.42)

3 - Thorssell (9.88)

4 - Masters (8.88)

5 - Joonas (9.35)

6 - Clegg (4.04)

7 - Williamson (3.76)

Total - 51.42

Looking pretty tough to fit Joonas in with Freddie, Thorrsell and Masters..even if you wanted to

Howarth on 7.18 for Joonas would bring it under the 50pt limit and probably allow you to invest in a slightly better reserve than Williamson, although I'm not sure Howarth is great value on that average, although he did improve towards the end of last season, especially at home.

Swap Williamson for a 2 pointer and it fits.

Lindgren 10.09

Thorssell 9.88

Masters 8.97

Palm Toft 6.98

Bjerre 6.44

Klindt 5.42

??? 2.00

Until we know what the points limit is when the first set of new averages come out (probably a talk in question as no one seems to be letting on) it's hard to know whether to go with a 2 pointer is the way to go. I can't/won't believe that Matt Ford is going to stick with his 2 pointer for the whole season. You just know he's got an 'upgrade' plan.

Lindgren 10.09

Thorssell 9.88

Masters 8.97

Palm Toft 6.98

Bjerre 6.44

Klindt 5.42

??? 2.00

Until we know what the points limit is when the first set of new averages come out (probably a talk in question as no one seems to be letting on) it's hard to know whether to go with a 2 pointer is the way to go. I can't/won't believe that Matt Ford is going to stick with his 2 pointer for the whole season. You just know he's got an 'upgrade' plan.

Bjerre signed for Coventry

I'd like this team :) Although the less teams Ludvig ride for the better, because the busier his schedule seems to be the worse he seems to get, and that's coming from one of his biggest fans :P

1. Fredrik Lindgren 10.09 (On his fancy Swiss engines)

2. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (On his brother's fancy Swiss engines)

3. Jacob Thorssell 9.88

4. Rasmus Jensen 6.14/Kyle Newman 6.31 (If Poole don't take him)/Nicolai Klindt 5.42 (If Poole don't take him)

5. Sam Masters 8.97

6. Max Clegg 4.34

7. Zach Wajtknecht 2.63 (If Somerset don't take him) (Maybe Josh Bailey 2.05 if they do take him and then MPT 6.98 or Erik Riss 6.85 at 4)

Edited by Dandelion

After reading this forum for years, I thought i'd finally post something..

I have two options for what I feel would be a decent team depending on whether you want to give someone like JPB a go.

OPTION 1

1. Freddie 10.09

2. Jacob 9.88

3. Sam 8.97

4. Ty Proctor 6.68

5. Klindt - 5.42

6. Clegg - 4.34

7. Bewley - 4.00

TOTAL - 49.38

OPTION 2

1. Freddie 10.09

2. Jacob 9.88

3. Sam 8.97

4. Ricky Wells - 7.92

5. Ty Proctor 6.68

6. Clegg - 4.34

7. JPB - 2.00

TOTAL - 49.88

I don't profess to be an expert but still think Ty has something to offer especially on that average and Ricky always gave his all even though his average is a bit of a gamble. We would not be particularly strong at reserve but the top five looks decent

Edited by Yampy

Swap Williamson for a 2 pointer and it fits.

Indeed, I'm just a bit apprehensive at leaving us too weak at reserve. Although I see Poole have gone down the route of having a 2 pointer!

I don't think Joonas will sign anyway to be honest which is fine. He did OK for us but never seemed to get totally to grip with Monmore, to my liking anyway.

Edited by Perton Wolf

Bjerre signed for Coventry

I'd like this team :) Although the less teams Ludvig ride for the better, because the busier his schedule seems to be the worse he seems to get, and that's coming from one of his biggest fans :P

1. Fredrik Lindgren 10.09 (On his fancy Swiss engines)

2. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (On his brother's fancy Swiss engines)

3. Jacob Thorssell 9.88

4. Rasmus Jensen 6.14/Kyle Newman 6.31 (If Poole don't take him)/Nicolai Klindt 5.42 (If Poole don't take him)

5. Sam Masters 8.97

6. Max Clegg 4.34

7. Zach Wajtknecht 2.63 (If Somerset don't take him) (Maybe Josh Bailey 2.05 if they do take him and then MPT 6.98 or Erik Riss 6.85 at 4)

Just clocked the Coventry thing. Oh well, move on.

The Riss brothers have, shall we say, come in for a bit of criticism from the Edinburgh promotion after last season for always being knackered due to their heavy schedules.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/monarchs/monarchs-want-assurances-from-riss-brothers-before-any-new-deals-1-4293860

Plus Erik pulled out of the Olympique after initially accepting the booking. I don't believe it was an injury and that sort of stuff doesn't go down well with CVS. I may be wrong about that but I'm sure some kind soul will correct me if I am :P

Edited by Wolfsbane

There seem to be few hints on the Poole thread about Klindt. As we know Ford loves grabbing bargain averages, so I think we can count him out.