British Speedway Forum

I remember when you were a decent poster who knew his stuff.

You're sinking ever closer to Starman levels.

Agree.Up till four months ago his posts were reasonably sensible.

Only since Dr Frankenstein got a few of his cells muddled up and the brain transplant went horribly wrong,that Col,s attitude has changed.

I blame Nicolai Klindt :D ,Everything was quite normal till he appeared on the scene.

• Like 3

I have noticed that you are as bad as Starman when someone doesn't say anything positive about Wolves or its riders. So what if someone thinks you are plop on paper. I thought you would finish bottom last year and told everyone that and only 1 person looked stupid at the end of the year! Maybe just accept not everyone agrees with you and see how the season goes.

Interesting. Any reason why you have only highlighted my post when you only have to read this thread to see other Wolves fans are equally as scathing about Col's post?

I have no issue with others having a different opinion to mine unless it's a downright or trolling post.

Col has mentioned umpteen times how much he thinks Wolves are poor this year and I have replied several times in reply to that. So have several other posters questioning why he continues to do this.

You may have a point if I'm the only one stating my point. I'm not.

Maybe in future look at the bigger picture of a thread topic before isolating one poster for saying exactly the same thing.

So what you have noticed isn't true at all.

I agree I'm more than happy to dispute an opinion now and then.

However I would class your comparison as an insult. :nono:

You should check the facts before posting such sweeping statements.

Thorsell had four rides at Poole, scoring 8 points. Masters also had four rides, scoring 6 plus one bonus.

'Awful'?

Not really.

Are you ready this Col? Your 'awful' comment well and truly exposed as nonsense.

• Like 1

I have noticed that you are as bad as Starman when someone doesn't say anything positive about Wolves or its riders. So what if someone thinks you are plop on paper. I thought you would finish bottom last year and told everyone that and only 1 person looked stupid at the end of the year! Maybe just accept not everyone agrees with you and see how the season goes.

Perhaps Steve is a little zealous in his defence of Wolves, but he nowhere near the level of idiocy that is Starman.Steve can debate, Starman can't. As for Wolves the general consensus seems to to be that Wolves should make the play-offs, and I don't think Steve is claiming anymore than that.

• Like 2

Perhaps Steve is a little zealous in his defence of Wolves, but he nowhere near the level of idiocy that is Starman.Steve can debate, Starman can't. As for Wolves the general consensus seems to to be that Wolves should make the play-offs, and I don't think Steve is claiming anymore than that.

Thanks.

And also more than happy to call riders or management out if don't agree with something let's not forget.

Kings Lynn as well surely

They have a decent team and an excellent top three but using so much on one rider like Holder has made them weaker at the middle and while they look to have four mid range riders backing the top three up, they look prone to a few big defeats away. Lambert is going to be the star and Batchelor can't be any worse than he was last season surely.

Yes they will be a decent team but I don't see them being any better than the four I mentioned before in Belle Vue (likely), Poole, Rye House and Wolverhampton.

Oh i can debate mate, i just cannot debate with the Gavans of this world, or will i say whay people want me to say. Funny its been so nice and normal on here for a few days. I wonder why..

Edited by Starman2006

They have a decent team and an excellent top three but using so much on one rider like Holder has made them weaker at the middle and while they look to have four mid range riders backing the top three up, they look prone to a few big defeats away. Lambert is going to be the star and Batchelor can't be any worse than he was last season surely.

Yes they will be a decent team but I don't see them being any better than the four I mentioned before in Belle Vue (likely), Poole, Rye House and Wolverhampton.

Personally I would say Porsing rose huckenbeck is at least comparable to watt Robson Bramford or sronicki howarth clegg or r worrall berge Bewley in terms of middle order strength?
  • Like 1

Personally I would say Porsing rose huckenbeck is at least comparable to watt Robson Bramford or sronicki howarth clegg or r worrall berge Bewley in terms of middle order strength?

I wouldn't when you look at Watt, Robson, Branford or Skornicki, Howarth, Clegg or Kurtz, Holder, Newman, Klindt etc.

The season will depend on all teams once new averages come in and it's clear as to what happens to the averages of the riders that have been left out at the start of the season. Will the 42 limit come into effect when all seven riders get a new average or will tracks be able to drop a rider still with a false inflated average for a reassessed rider that's on the sidelines ?

There will be loopholes and you can be sure they will be tested.

• Like 1

Poole for sure have the strongest 4-6. Matter of opinion but my view is kl are at least as strong in that area as rye wolves or (likely) aces.

I'd say huckenbeck is stronger Bramford or clegg.

Porsing I'd expect to score similar to watt and more than either of the wolves 2nd strings. And rose close to robson/howarth.

Bless.

Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look foolish now?

You're now claiming they were better at Belle Vue than they were at Poole! Maths not your strong point is it.

They both failed to perform away from Monmore when it mattered in the Play-offs. Do I need maths. Poole were pretty tragic but I recall both gifting points to the Pirates in Dorset. Your best performer after the GP's boys i Manchester was a 40+ PK.

Col...my definition of tragic would be....

A once well known team losing it`s stadium....then having to ride in the third division of speedway....begging on hands and knees to their once bitter rivals for a track to race on....

All hail the Speedway fan that likes tracks being closed and those who like him.

I was a Wolves season ticket holder for few years, since it is my local track. Then a season ticket holder at Perry Barr after their reopening for 3 years at until the Brummies had a season of guests and R/R which was killed my interest.

I don't like Wolves but I don't like Coventry equally since Wolves were not in existence when I started watching Speedway. And they were then our local rivals. I find watching Speedway at Monmore like watching 100m athletics race when all the sprinters are wearing chains around their ankles, it is just so small.

I will break my Monmore exile of about 10 years for PK's farewell. Most entertaining Wolves rider in my life time.

I am not diminishing the quality of racing, since there are probably more passes per meeting than at any other track. But watching riders never being able to go flat out I find frustrating. For the record, I hate the Swindon track but have empathy with the team, I don't mind Brandon as a track but haven't been for 3 years. I love the NSS, but only been 4 times as the M6 is a swine. I hate watching Speedway at Lakeside or Eastbourne on Sky. I've been to Poole a few times when holidaying down there, they obviously only make the track properly when Sky are visiting, because it is snooze fest when I have been.

Give me a shale packed Owlerton in the EL and I'll go every week, despite the horrific drive. I have not supported Cradley since before the year they moved to Stoke, I have very little interest in watching NL wobblers. Accuse me of being a Speedway snob, I'll accept.

You made a mess of your team building this year, you won't win the league. Not a Cradley fans fault, I'm just pointing out your managements failures/cheapness. :)

Edited by Col

They both failed to perform away from Monmore when it mattered in the Play-offs. Do I need maths. Poole were pretty tragic but I recall both gifting points to the Pirates in Dorset. Your best performer after the GP's boys i Manchester was a 40+ PK.

All hail the Speedway fan that likes tracks being closed and those who like him. idiot off.

You're just making yourself look stupid now.

You said they performed worse in a meeting they scored more points in than the meeting they scored less points in.

You said they were awful when their scores show otherwise.

Someone says a track closing is tragic, and you take that as being that they think it is a good thing?

BWitcher is right, you uses to post sensibly, now utter drivel.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 7

It would be fair to say they scored poorly in the away leg of the final (against Poole they both scored solidly). But when you look at who they dropped points too, the only point that you wouldn't expect was when Thorssel was beaten by Jacobs. Otherwise they were beaten away by the best heat leader trio in the league, as well as finishing behind fred and Tai.

Poole for sure have the strongest 4-6. Matter of opinion but my view is kl are at least as strong in that area as rye wolves or (likely) aces.

I'd say huckenbeck is stronger Bramford or clegg.

Porsing I'd expect to score similar to watt and more than either of the wolves 2nd strings. And rose close to robson/howarth.

I know you show up as an 'Aces' fan, But deep down you're a 'Stars' fan in disguise. Welcome...... :t:

Remind me to buy you a drink.... :drink:

Unfortunately Col.....You seem to be defining the word `Tragic` much better than I can....

Your constant gloating that Wolves have made an irreversible `season defining` error over the signing of Klindt seems rather odd

My personal view is that having seen Klindt ride for Wolves on many occasions ..I am quite ok with him riding elsewhere

I wasn`t gloating about the demise of the `Spoons`....but I do remember the gloating some Cradley fans offered while Wolves were closed during the early 80`s

• Like 3