British Speedway Forum

Kurtz isn't Somersets to let Poole have, he's Pooles

I'm sure Poole let us keep Kurtz on our asset base as you have to have so many assets to ensure you don't get a fine. Can someone confirm this but I'm sure I heard this last season, fair enough if i'm wrong.

Not sure where you live Gresham, but do you have to use the M5? I live near Chippenham and never ever use the M4 or M5 to get to the OTA every Friday. Frome, Shepton Mallet, Wells, Wedmore, Mark.....not a traffic jam in sight.

Unfortunately yes....I join the M5 at Aztec West roundabout from the Thornbury road. It's a nightmare every Friday. No way of avoiding traffic for me I'm afraid. And for others. I know some people who don't go anymore, purely because of the Friday night traffic.

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

Blimey that's not much better than our PL team from this year! I guess that proves the watering down of the top league

Not sure on Jack Holder, he is yet to convince me - I would think he is a shoe in at Poole anyway. I wouldn't take Brady back either he is too inconsistent on small tracks and needs a year riding one - he should sign for Rye it would improve him no end.

I would ty and get Josh in the team somehow and he can double up on a small track in the PL if poss - he was my rider of the year and has been very good all season.

Not sure on Starkey - great club man but stood still this year - prob deserves a chance though

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

Blimey that's not much better than our PL team from this year! I guess that proves the watering down of the top league

Not sure on Jack Holder, he is yet to convince me - I would think he is a shoe in at Poole anyway. I wouldn't take Brady back either he is too inconsistent on small tracks and needs a year riding one - he should sign for Rye it would improve him no end.

I would ty and get Josh in the team somehow and he can double up on a small track in the PL if poss - he was my rider of the year and has been very good all season.

Not sure on Starkey - great club man but stood still this year - prob deserves a chance though

True but as you said the top league has been considerably watered down. I like Josh but we still need an Elite League heat leader otherwise we will get smashed every week. Tbh it has been hard for Holder this year in a Plymouth team that has not had any fight in them, I have a feeling he will be here as I think Poole will keep faith with Kurtz and Ellis as well as Chris Holder. Lastly the thing with Starke is he just can't ride with Wrighty they like the same bit of track and are very much the same rider. Plus as many of this years team deserve to come back.

Edited by Brummie Rebel

Well after a lot of thought about the team here goes:

Keep majority of riders from last season but lose Wajtknecht who isn't 'premiership' ready and I think Grajczonek who I think wants a smaller track. Tungate hopefully will be back fingers crossed.

Jake Allen and Brad Wilson Dean at reserve with Starke and Wright at 2 and 4. Perhaps Jack Holder would be a good bet. Bomber Harris seems likely to add top tier heat leader status.

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

If you see that as a top flight team then it shows how poor the standard in the sport has dropped. Would Harris be any better than Josh G? And expecting Holder and Tungate to be heat leaders shows how far the standard has dropped.

However i do wish Somerset all the best, great track, great fans , good promotion

• Like 1

Harris is far better than josh g, would be a good stsrt to tesm builfing if somerset sign him. If kurtz is a 7.63 as scb argues, then surely both he and j holder will be at poole.

Zach at 7 may be fine, I think most sides will gave a 2 or 3 pointer at reserve.

What everyone has to remember is who the riders are on the books of.

Of the team suggested I think Somerset have Wright, Starke and Allen as assets. Not sure about Wilson-Dean.

Harris is Coventry but he wants away. Tungate is Ipswich, but Not sure he wants to return to Ipswich.

Holder and although not mentioned Josh G are both Poole.

I feel Poole could well want to include at least one of these in their team.

If you see that as a top flight team then it shows how poor the standard in the sport has dropped. Would Harris be any better than Josh G? And expecting Holder and Tungate to be heat leaders shows how far the standard has dropped.

However i do wish Somerset all the best, great track, great fans , good promotion

Can't really be helped though, it's premier league averages or 1.4 on top of an Elite average. Look at Swindon, seems likely that Doyle will be number 1, thats 13 points gone already from a 50 point limit. So Tungate and Holder will just be racing similar riders to themselves.

With the bigger crowds that should attend will

have to do something about the shale showers

at bends 3 and 4

Can't really be helped though, it's premier league averages or 1.4 on top of an Elite average. Look at Swindon, seems likely that Doyle will be number 1, thats 13 points gone already from a 50 point limit. So Tungate and Holder will just be racing similar riders to themselves.

Just to clarify, it is not 1.4 on top of an EL average it is an EL average multiplied by 1.4.

• Like 1

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

Racer, its all about opinions of course, but in my opinion the above team looks really good and a competitive side in the new league.

Wilson-Dean and Allen would make excellent reserves with both having bundles of improvement in them.

Holder is a fine prospect and has improved each time at OTA. Not sure about Starke 'standing still'. I reckon he has made some decent strides both at

Somerset and Leicester. His pairing with Wright definitely holds him back. Almost every meeting the two got in each other's way.

Harris would be a decent number one in the new format and would be box office at the OTA.

Maybe not a top 3 side but difficult to beat at home and most importantly terrific to watch.

Not quite sure what happened with that last post!!

Edited by EnglishRoundabout
  • Like 2

I'm sure Poole let us keep Kurtz on our asset base as you have to have so many assets to ensure you don't get a fine. Can someone confirm this but I'm sure I heard this last season, fair enough if i'm wrong.

You're 100% correct but now we got Jake and BWD as assets that would more than cover Kurtz to Poole. Also Poole would be calling the shots for Kurtz, he is bar the bit of paper saying it a Poole asset

What everyone has to remember is who the riders are on the books of.

Of the team suggested I think Somerset have Wright, Starke and Allen as assets. Not sure about Wilson-Dean.

Harris is Coventry but he wants away. Tungate is Ipswich, but Not sure he wants to return to Ipswich.

Holder and although not mentioned Josh G are both Poole.

I feel Poole could well want to include at least one of these in their team.

Wilson Dean is ours we signed him last season. I don't think Josh will be at Somerset or Swindon with the new averages. In terms of Holder I just feel Poole will go down a different route. Chris and Brady (who atm is a 9.22/01) will take the majority of the averages.

Tbh i'm coming round to these new averages in a way it is going to help young British riders and cut costs. Every team will have one top rider but then have to play smart for the rest

When I saw the headline 'Rebels move up with Hancock,' I thought they'd made their first signing!

• Like 1

People talking about Harris,don't fancy that myself,not the rider he was a few years back..

People talking about Harris,don't fancy that myself,not the rider he was a few years back,still disappointed we are in this league now.