British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Whoever the last signing is along with Kelsey, pretty strong reserve pairing with a strong one to come down if Tom improves dramatically.

As has been said, need to find another 'Brad' on an assessed 5, and that would be a really good team!!

Edited by gazzac

Charley Powell rode much of last year with a broken collarbone which must have hampered his progress. I was told that on grass there was a lightbulb moment for Charley when he went from ordinary to good. It was, they said, like flicking a switch. Hope that happens on the shale too.

Mystified as to who else will be in the team. Everyone assuming Kelsey will be back - no complaints over that - but who would be No 4?

Could it be Magic?

Interesting Comment from Connor Dugard . With two more riders to complete the team he says one of them may surprise us. Sounds like they have completed but are keeping us in suspense.

Who can it be Jack Smith on 6.32 ? Now that would surprise me and give a few Brummies palpatations.

With Powell being signed at reserve both remaining riders have to be at least 4.05 which is Powell's average, closest to that figure is Kelsey at 4.28, leaving 5.21 I think. Even if we found a 4.06 rider, maximum left for the other one is 5.47, so unfortunately the likes of Smith, Mason and Hopwood can't come into the equation.

Looks like they will always have 1/2 strong reserves!

That's what having an under 8 point No1 gives you, always interesting when you have strength in depth teams against teams with a strong top end.

Edited by gazzac

I think Georgie will finish as 1 Baseby at 5 coles at 3 Brennan at 2 Powell 6 then whoever starts at 2 whether it's Kelsey or Dwyer / terry Daley at reserve

Think when you go balenced you need to build your lead early and prepare to take a hit in heats 13 and 15.

We won't struggle in Heats 13 and 15 as us Eastbourne fans know the potentially which Georgie has and Mildenhall fans know how good Coles can be especially with help from Martin Dugard he will come on great this season and Base will prove a great signing with how close he is to the Dugards

I think this will be our best NL team this year

Edited by Nathan Mole

We won't struggle in Heats 13 and 15 as us Eastbourne fans know the potentially which Georgie has and Mildenhall fans know how good Coles can be especially with help from Martin Dugard he will come on great this season and Base will prove a great signing with how close he is to the Dugards

I think this will be our best NL team this year

if this team betters the last 2 seasons we're in for a treat .

are people still sure that kelsey is back as i have doubts now that powell has re-signed . the dugards have said that one of the two to be announced will surprise some people. if kelsey signs, which wouldn't surprise anyone, does it mean that the other will be a 3 pointer so isn't he likely to be a surprise to everyone ?

As others have said gee jay, we expect it will be a rider who wasn't riding last season or someone new to the league with a duel passport

if this team betters the last 2 seasons we're in for a treat .

are people still sure that kelsey is back as i have doubts now that powell has re-signed . the dugards have said that one of the two to be announced will surprise some people. if kelsey signs, which wouldn't surprise anyone, does it mean that the other will be a 3 pointer so isn't he likely to be a surprise to everyone ?

As I've mentioned before, as Powell is at reserve on a 4.05, both remaining riders have to be at least that, so can't be a 3 pointer and can't be Spiller as not enough points to accommodate him.

Edited by gazzac