British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Rye House Vs Swindon 08.04.17

It does when you post incorrect information in an attempt to ridicule someone. Do your research

I reckon it's naivety and/or lack of knowledge from the Rye House management. John Sampfotd wouldn't have stood for it. From reports, Peter Schroeck was quite coy and skirted around It when asked on Saturday

Needs to grow a pair and stand up to the bullies.

They knew about this fixture clash one or two days before the meeting. Why on earth did it take until two days AFTER the event to get the difinitive ruling?

Wasn't a fan of Schroeck last season, poor team manager for me. Afraid to take struggling riders out of heats, seems too matey with the riders and seems to lack knowledge of the sport/current riders. Seems a bit weak and if he allowed Branford to ride for Sheffield he should be stood down. Cost the club and riders money as now no extra meetings in the cup plus the damage of an early home defeat to the club.

• Like 2

Rob is a better rider than Ben but his inclusion wouldn't have changed the result in our favour.

don't be too sure about that - IF Rob was riding to form don't think Davey Watt would have had a 4th ride and he would have had his full share of rides as well - we only needed 4 more points to get a draw (Ben only had 3 Rob could have had 7 don't forget) seems ridiculous to build a team with Rob at reserve and then NOT use him when we can

Wasn't a fan of Schroeck last season, poor team manager for me. Afraid to take struggling riders out of heats, seems too matey with the riders and seems to lack knowledge of the sport/current riders. Seems a bit weak and if he allowed Branford to ride for Sheffield he should be stood down. Cost the club and riders money as now no extra meetings in the cup plus the damage of an early home defeat to the club.

Sounds like the perfect speedway team manager to me. Utterly useless! How are so many of them so bad?

read our website 'the big preview' posted on Friday - third sentence says it quite clearly what happened

That's not clear at all. It says "agreed". That's not the same as gave permission. Could be taken that Sheffield stated that going by the rules, Rob had to race for them. Rockets management agreed without checking first with the BSPA. Not until after the meeting did they bother to check for the official ruling. Probably explains while the team manager was so evasive when interviewed on Saturday. He knew he'd been mugged off by the Tigers. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Swindon lot told him what the actual ruling is.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

That's not clear at all. It says "agreed". That's not the same as gave permission. Could be taken that Sheffield stated that going by the rules, Rob had to race for them. Rockets management agreed without checking first with the BSPA. Not until after the meeting did they bother to check for the official ruling. Probably explains while the team manager was so evasive when interviewed on Saturday. He knew he'd been mugged off by the Tigers. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Swindon lot told him what the actual ruling is.

think we all knew the rules which quite clearly state Rob could ride for us

Pity John Sampford & Peter didn't work together.

Edited by JmeRay

100% agree made a huge mistake getting rid of John Sampford in favour of Schroeck, what were they thinking?

Seems alot of brown nosing going on around the place.

Shot themselves in the foot with that decision, unfortunately it's the fans & riders that miss out on extra meetings.

Come on BMR sort it out I thought you were professionals 😃😃😃😃

Edited by Hob Nob

100% agree made a huge mistake getting rid of John Sampford in favour of Schroeck, what were they thinking?

Seems alot of brown nosing going on around the place.

Shot themselves in the foot with that decision, unfortunately it's the fans & riders that miss out on extra meetings.

Come on BMR sort it out I thought you were professionals 😃😃😃😃

Funny how people's memories become clouded over time. The reason John Sampford was let go was because he was unwilling to drop underperforming riders. One of the criticisms of the Silver/Sampford era. I can only think of one rider who was replaced when not injured, Kurt Shields

I'll say one thing for him, he knows the rule book inside out. He would've told Sheffield to bugger off when they came calling for Rob Branford last week

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Funny how people's memories become clouded over time. The reason John Sampford was let go was because he was unwilling to drop underperforming riders. One of the criticisms of the Silver/Sampford era. I can only think of one rider who was replaced when not injured, Kurt Shields

I'll say one thing for him, he knows the rule book inside out. He would've told Sheffield to bugger off when they came calling for Rob Branford last week

You forgot Doyley mate

You forgot Doyley mate

He's no Steve Boxall

• Like 3