British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Sheffield 04 Jun 17 @6.30pm

First home loss of the season definitely seems possible here. Grajczonek, Bates, Howarth will definitely give us trouble, and Branford looks like he'll clean up at reserve. Will be watching this through my fingers. Come on you diamonds, let's take another 3 points.

Much will depend on Bjerre. If he rides like he did when guesting for Peterborough here when he was woeful, the Diamonds might still sneak a win. Rider replacement is not good for us though and exposes our shortcomings at reserve. The Diamonds top 4 are going to need to score at least 40 between them so they all need to be on top form. Sheffield should be targeting an away win.

• Like 1

Much will depend on Bjerre. If he rides like he did when guesting for Peterborough here when he was woeful, the Diamonds might still sneak a win. Rider replacement is not good for us though and exposes our shortcomings at reserve. The Diamonds top 4 are going to need to score at least 40 between them so they all need to be on top form. Sheffield should be targeting an away win.

So, let's hope Ben and Connor can score 6 between them, otherwise we are goosed!

So, let's hope Ben and Connor can score 6 between them, otherwise we are goosed!

Ben scored 5 last week. Meaning Connor only needs 1. (Hopefully he gets more than that.

Ben scored 5 last week. Meaning Connor only needs 1. (Hopefully he gets more than that.

I've got to be honest and say we must be looking at Connor beating Ryan MacDonald in heats 2 and 4.

I saw Josh Embleton up at Glasgow in an NJL match not that far behind MacDonald, so Connor should really be beating him on his home track (no extra pressure on Connor there then!!).

** OOPS! Forgot George has switched Connor back to 6 and Ben to 7!! :oops:

Edited by Steve Park

Why no Ludwig?

GP qualifier in Germany

Can't see anything but a home win, can't understand the Newcastle bleating🙈

Can't see anything but a home win, can't understand the Newcastle bleating

Most of us (including myself) thought Scunthorpe would be a walk in the park, and we beat them by 2. Sheffield are a strong side.

I've got to be honest and say we must be looking at Connor beating Ryan MacDonald in heats 2 and 4.

I saw Josh Embleton up at Glasgow in an NJL match not that far behind MacDonald, so Connor should really be beating him on his home track (no extra pressure on Connor there then!!).

** OOPS! Forgot George has switched Connor back to 6 and Ben to 7!! :oops:

Connor definitely has the talent to beat MacDonald. The confidence and the ability to stay on going into the first bend? Maybe not. Best of luck yo the lad. I'll be cheering him on.

Definitely a worry tonight it was with Ludvig never mind r/r. Steve,Lewis and Ashley must be better than last week and get 7-9 from r/r and Conner must score something . This is assuming with Robert and Ben having similar performances we cant afford them not to massive pressure on Ben. For Sheffield Grajczonek,Howarth and Branford will have ride well be as good as Kerr, Palm Toft and Aarnio last week, but they are capable of doing it and score double figures each. However the rest of the team is much stronger than Scunthorpe depending on what Bates and Bjerre show up. One positive is Macdonald riding as Blackburn has shown he can score 2/3 round the track, so could make a difference as i can see last heat decider.

51-39

I hope thats in favour of the diamonds..

Is the rider replacement at 2 or 4 tonight, it stays 2 on Sheffield preview but 4 on Newcastle preview.