British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Lions V Rebels Sat 10th June

I thought there was some very good racing last night at Leicester and the track looked looked very good to race on.

It is a shame that the Lions could not have got that heat advantage in the last race to stop the Rebels getting a point as they will all be crucial at the end of the season.

I know some fans have been complaining about the presentation and about in general not being able to hear the PA and race results myself included . So I spoke to the promotion at length about this to get the facts as was going to offer my professional help if they were having equipment problems.

There are two people to blame here the Leicester Speedway haters and Leicester City council.

After all these seasons there has been a number of complaints from housing residents some 3miles away and along large A roads that claim that they can hear the music and announcements from the Speedway along with the bikes.

The consequences are that the council have given the Speedway club a warning with the possibility of a ban which then means no meetings as cannot run with no PA.

They accept that the bike noise cannot be controlled but the Announcements and Music can so the club have turned everything down to a minimum and both the presenters have been told to keep announcing down so that is why there has been less interviews and war crys it obviously isn't helped when there are less fans in the stadium as the sound will echo more.

I can see the next thing being an air horn ban like other clubs have had, the strange thing is all the noise that both the Rugby and football club generate but the council say that's unavoidable.

Presumably these people living along A roads are annoyed about sounds from Beaumont Park drowning out the traffic noise?

Maybe a couple of hundred permanent mannequins can be installed to bulk up the crowd size and improve the noise absorption, with spring loaded footings so the real spectators can punch them if the results are not good?

• Like 1

A Very poor crowd is no real surprise.

I think they mentioned the tapes were vandalised a few weeks ago but your right the presentation is just not good enough.

A much needed win for the lions against a very poor somerset who relied on their guest Kurtz who got 2 of their 3 race wins.

The promotion needs to look on how to get the fans back with belle Vue next week.

TBH with Pat, Charles and Richard I think it would have been closer. Brady always a good lad for us though to be fair.

I think there were some mitigating reasons why there was a poor crowd last night. To start with the Lions performances have, to put it mildly, been poor, the weather was poor with rain expected any minute, the opposition were not particularly attractive, and there was live football, rugby and the GP on TV.

Did anyone else think the referee had a poor meeting? The chaos over the gate positions for the last heat was unbelievable. I could not understand why the referee, track officials and riders did not know the rules! Also was I the only one who saw Kurtz move whilst the green light was on in heats 4 and 9? Why were they not rerun when several other races were because a rider moved whilst the green light was on.