British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CookieIpswich

Biggest And Most Important Bspa Meeting

Guest Scunny2012

Personally I don't think it's ever been so bad. Sky didn't even want it anymore. I didn't even bother going on Thursday, and that's gonna happen more and more. Just a quick look around the crowd will show you how long speedway has left. I would say about 75 percent of an already small crowd is over 60 years of age. So where is the future of speedway?

Edited by Scunny2012

Not sure. Kids may go, but it's getting them still going once they have reached adulthood. so people in there 20 and 30s like to party, and drink a lot. And if that's not happening at the speedway they will be somewhere else.

How about getting it into the x games? But that would be individual speedway. I don't think team speedway will be here much longer. I've taken a teenager before, only once, he would never go again.

Cheer leaders have been tried before.

Edited by baldyman

Ipswich Town FC have announced a new pricing structure for next season with the aim to attract a younger fan base.

Under 23s will be able to obtain entry for £15 (standard is £25) and prices 12-19 and for under 12 slashed against previous season figures.

That shows its not just speedway will an ageing demographic and similar concerns.

Plus ipswich town are #/!# so nobody wants to go anymore lol

A bit like the Witches then!

Nah didn't mean it!

They probably couldn't afford turning up for all the rain offs. So decided to show other things.

Wasn't it in the original agreement that clubs got covers for the tracks?

Whatever the reason, speedway is only heading one way, and it's not up.

agree all clubs so have track covers would save a hell of a lot of meetings over a course of a season Berwick a prime example they have saved 5 this year so far

been working for years in Sweden and Denmark that would avoid rain offs and costs

Super League 12 for me would be

Wolverhampton

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

Ipswich

Poole

Glasgow

Sheffield

Rye House

Swindon

Somerset

Peterborough

Edinburgh

Best supported? Best facilities?

Edited by CookieIpswich
  • Like 1

Can I just ask how re naming it again would bring people in to watch it? Come on sell it to me. Some promoters may read this, unless you are thinking of doing a complete takeover?

I didn't bother going last week and I'm not gonna bother going this week. What could you do to get me back the week after?

And remember I want to see good racing.

Also..What's in it for a club to want to be in it? Is there going to be a prize structure?

I'm not against your idea, but just trying to see how good it is

Edited by baldyman

I can't sell going to foxhall this week as its Berwick who are woeful and they have a guest at no.1 no news on a guest at no.2 and R/R for their no.5 lol so a boring big home win expected.

I'll have to think about how to sell my proposal, hopefully no doubling up, better quality riders, £££ based on league position, more individual meetings etc

Is the sport so poor that you cant field 12 teams with no double uppers?

Super League 12 for me would be

Wolverhampton

Belle Vue

Kings Lynn

Ipswich

Poole

Glasgow

Sheffield

Rye House

Swindon

Somerset

Peterborough

Edinburgh

Best supported? Best facilities?

I see we have now sneaked in at the bottom - why the change of heart?

I was torn between Leicester whom I support and Edinburgh, I think geographically I was being more fair lol

The rest split into National League One and National League Two