British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Workington Championship Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sunday June 25

Well I'm afraid I certainly did. Any chance you might quote him here?

not on here,,, anyway I could be totally wrong, (it has been known) ;)

Wow talk about bad losers, if anyone wants a damn good laugh you should read the total rubbish on comets website about last night's match especially heat 15!!!

I stand to be corrected here but I'm sure I saw matt Williamson warming up cooks second bike pretty much seconds after wot was a horrible looking crash which commonsense dictates would have left bikes in a very second hand condition.

You quoted what you wanted to suit your agenda.what you failed to mention was a newcastle

official told the ref. that all riders were ready to go when TJs mechanic was still trying to repair his

bike and cookie bike had not been warmed up.And you wondered why TJ just made it and cookie did not.

Wow talk about bad losers, if anyone wants a damn good laugh you should read the total rubbish on comets website about last night's match especially heat 15!!!

I stand to be corrected here but I'm sure I saw matt Williamson warming up cooks second bike pretty much seconds after wot was a horrible looking crash which commonsense dictates would have left bikes in a very second hand condition.

Your line, I stand to be corrected but im sure I saw Matt Williamson warming up a bike for Cookie,

Pure speculation.

You quoted what you wanted to suit your agenda.what you failed to mention was a newcastle

official told the ref. that all riders were ready to go when TJs mechanic was still trying to repair his

bike and cookie bike had not been warmed up.And you wondered why TJ just made it and cookie did not.

Your line, I stand to be corrected but im sure I saw Matt Williamson warming up a bike for Cookie,

Pure speculation.

Ermmm like I said I saw him warming a bike up whether it was Mr cooks I'm unsure it's not speculation I know what I and others witnessed jorgenson made the two minutes pretty comfortably, as has been stated cook's the British number one and captain, so should be able to just jump on another bike with just a quick back tyre change I'm not debating this with you, I'll leave to other ppl to discuss ok.

Do I suspect a protest here , I can remember a few years ago when Panthers knocked out Ipswich in the k/o cup only to be denied by a bit of gamesmanship from John Louis , who protested that Lee Lanham was denied entry to the track with gates closed to track within 2 minute time allowance , he was the only other rider that Witches could have used in this heat but he hadn't had a good night and his bikes were packed in his van ready to leave and it was assumed he would take no further part in the meeting and there was no way with in minute or so remaining that he would have made it on track . John Louis appealed on the grounds that his rider was denied entry to the track and won his appeal and that was pure gamesmanship.

An exceptional performance from Newcastle to pull back the 16 points, whilst accepting that Ashley, Lewis and Ludvig all put in improved performances, the key contribution was from Ben Hopwood who made a significant contribution from reserve something that has been missing for most of the season and has been regularly commented on. It just shows the need for reserves to score points.

• Like 2

Do I suspect a protest here , I can remember a few years ago when Panthers knocked out Ipswich in the k/o cup only to be denied by a bit of gamesmanship from John Louis , who protested that Lee Lanham was denied entry to the track with gates closed to track within 2 minute time allowance , he was the only other rider that Witches could have used in this heat but he hadn't had a good night and his bikes were packed in his van ready to leave and it was assumed he would take no further part in the meeting and there was no way with in minute or so remaining that he would have made it on track . John Louis appealed on the grounds that his rider was denied entry to the track and won his appeal and that was pure gamesmanship.

Great let's have the match replayed!! Final now scheduled for Boxing Day!!

A cracking meeting which at last saw the real diamonds turn up - brilliant

Yes the meeting was too long - but there 3 delays for injuries and 3 for our ever-infuriating tapes !!!

As expected plenty of whining from Workington

I find it hard to believe a Newcastle official would tell the ref the comets were ready and the ref would say ok ............... fake news perhaps from Mr Jackson

That aside ............. regardless of the fact that Craig Cook is British champion ...... he's not entitled to endless time to get his bike repaired and his gestures to ref were quite pathetic

The referee had given plenty of time to both riders to get the bike repaired OR GET ON A 2ND BIKE - a fact that seemed to have missed the Workington fraternity

Im a huge cook fan - but when his team needed him his attitude was frankly very poor ............. is he incapable of riding another bike

Instead of bleating on, Workington should look at the own riders performances ............... we should have not been in the lead by the last heat

Yes you were unlucky with sarjeant (and would have won with him) but injuries happen

however proctor and Jorgensen were poor and as for Williamson - he hardly put himself out on heat 14 ........... he only had to beat hopwood and the comets were favourites as heat 15 had 3-3 written all over it

Its a pity the heat 15 debacle is masking a fantastic meeting and great fight back

Simple fact was when the pressure was on in the last 6 heats, the Diamonds riders wanted it more .... well done guys for fighting to the end ..... the best team over the 2 legs won

• Like 3

It will be ok - Stevie told him to withdraw on Sunday then take a rest tonight so he is ok for World Cup!!!

That's great news, good luck for the world cup to all the lads from all the countries, but especially GB and Sweden :P

That's great news, good luck for the world cup to all the lads from all the countries, but especially GB and Sweden :P

:cheers:

• Like 1

Thought I should point out too and just make a separate post for him, I was very very impressed with Ben Hopwood last night, especially considering he was a 2.00er who didn't even get a first pick... I thought he rode very well and even though he's not the quickest rider out there, he looked very smooth and solid and put in 110% effort from start to finish in every race, some of the gates he made yesterday were unbelievable, it was also nice to see him working off the track too, sprinting out like a bloody leopard to refill Steve's tank, never seen someone move so fast before while wearing a steel shoe ;) Brave... That heat 14 5-1 he got with Ludvig was hugely important and he didn't crack under the pressure at all, he also did his job perfectly in heat 12 to hold Proctor up for a lap to let Rose get away for a more comfortable win... 7+1 from 5 rides, very impressive, but he deserved so much more than that just for effort imo :t: Good job Ben

• Like 6

Thought I should point out too and just make a separate post for him, I was very very impressed with Ben Hopwood last night, especially considering he was a 2.00er who didn't even get a first pick... I thought he rode very well and even though he's not the quickest rider out there, he looked very smooth and solid and put in 110% effort from start to finish in every race, some of the gates he made yesterday were unbelievable, it was also nice to see him working off the track too, sprinting out like a bloody leopard to refill Steve's tank, never seen someone move so fast before while wearing a steel shoe ;) Brave... That heat 14 5-1 he got with Ludvig was hugely important and he didn't crack under the pressure at all, he also did his job perfectly in heat 12 to hold Proctor up for a lap to let Rose get away for a more comfortable win... 7+1 from 5 rides, very impressive, but he deserved so much more than that just for effort imo :t: Good job Ben

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Yep - it was Ben doing the business in heat 14 that gave us the chance of victory.....

In fact Ben did what he had to in heat 8, 12 and 14 - and that was beat the Workington reserve ..... giving us a vital 13-5 in those 3 heats

• Like 1

I started this thread asking for improvement from Ashley, Lewis and Ludvig. I certainly got my wish with Lindgren especially impressive. Changing engines worked a treat.

I thought Workington were poor,especially after their good performance earlier in the day. Enough has been said about Cook, but I can't see how the British Champion had only one bike to ride, could not borrow one (we were told Williamson was warming a bike for him), not a good example from the captain in a last heat decider. Mason Campbell had one excellent ride, but none of the others

first of all , sorry for chopping your post a wee bit .

so this new guy that workington have seems to have caught your eye . it would be nice if you could introduce him to the worky supporters ,as we dont have a ecking clue who he is .

was he in the programme to ride or is it something that you made up ?

anyhow , good luck in your further english education . ( stop speed reading )