British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

Because they were seeded to the final and it was in the UK. Did it to do the right thing by team & fans. Wanted changes after that, still nothing hence his "Im not being mugged off no more" tweet shortly after.

Edited by RPNYC

I will give you darcy ward before his accident

I'm assuming you are trying to disprove what Nick Rushbrook was saying, but by naming Ward you have done quite the opposite.

Most would say Ward was more naturally talented than Woffinden. Yet who became Senior World Champion?

I'm assuming you are trying to disprove what Nick Rushbrook was saying, but by naming Ward you have done quite the opposite.

Most would say Ward was more naturally talented than Woffinden. Yet who became Senior World Champion?

ok then Chris holder

Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule.

I can't speak about Darcy's lifestyle pre accident as I have no idea about it.

I think it's safe to say that most riders won't have the natural ability that Darcy had so would need to work that extra bit harder in all aspects to maintain a similar level of performance.

ok then Chris holder

Good example again.

World Champion, then along came a new wave, fitter, stronger.. Holder suddenly finding it hard much harder to keep up.

• Like 1

Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule.

I can't speak about Darcy's lifestyle pre accident as I have no idea about it..

you also have no idea about Chris Harris fitness either , speedway is a head game , the head of the engine and the head of the rider , being race fit with a strong head will get your further than being a super fit althlete , some riders like doing the fitness thing some don't , if it makes you happy then great but if it doesn't then it's works the opposite way and your head is not right and you will win nothing
  • Like 1

you also have no idea about Chris Harris fitness either , speedway is a head game , the head of the engine and the head of the rider , being race fit with a strong head will get your further than being a super fit althlete , some riders like doing the fitness thing some don't , if it makes you happy then great but if it doesn't then it's works the opposite way and your head is not right and you will win nothing

Not sure why you're being so argumentative tbh!

But, you're right, I have absolutely no facts about any individual riders fitness or diet, nor did I claim to.

My opinions are based purely on what I see and hear.

Now have a nice cup of tea and relax mate.....no sugar though!;-)

• Like 4

The reason Woffy should not allowed to run it is because the way he's acted in the first place ..we know his mo the moment he does not get his own way he does not play anyone ..Sadly hes need grow up a bit before he's given the keys to safe ..His story make no sense on two counts one if it came to a head at Denmark how comes he rode the next year .and then he wants nothing to do with it anymore but then he's begging rosco to ride in the world games and then it's not because of the food etc its because he wants a holiday with his mrs ..his stories are full of holes .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I agree he cant just get what he wants, however, he rode in the final last year as it was one meeting at home & no qualifiers. He wanted to ride in World Games as it is his home track. He, like many assumed it was a no brainer that he'd be asked to ride on his home track. There was no begging involved. No real holes in his story at all.

Edited by RPNYC

I agree he cant just get what he wants, however, he rode in the final last year as it was one meeting at home & no qualifiers. He wanted to ride in World Games as it is his home track. He, like many assumed it was a no brainer that he'd be asked to ride on his home track. There was no begging involved. No real holes in his story at all.

He said he had enough of it all and things had come to a head ..so how comes he rides the next year and then wants to ride in the world games ..its makes no sense and has plenty of holes ..you can't say because he wants to If woffy does want ride for the reasons he given there fair enough but the moment he somehow wants to ride when it suits him makes a mockery of his reasons for not riding in the first place . Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I think I answered those both before. Its not black and white. Inconsistent as it is, its not that hard to see why he did 2016 world cup on home soil and why he assumed he'd be picked for GB team on his home track.

I think I answered those both before. Its not black and white. Inconsistent as it is, its not that hard to see why he did 2016 world cup on home soil and why he assumed he'd be picked for GB team on his home track.

If he'd ridden in the SWC I would back him for the World Games but as it's little more than an open meeting I think it's a good idea to let those selected have the experience.

Or we could try and restore some pride after getting walloped in the SWC!

if you say your not going to ride for the current set up how do you expect to be picked .. it makes no sense ..quite clearly he wants to ride when it suits him and his so called gripes are forgotten about ..you not given any logic in your answer to explain it away .
  • Like 1

if you say your not going to ride for the current set up how do you expect to be picked .. it makes no sense ..quite clearly he wants to ride when it suits him and his so called gripes are forgotten about ..you not given any logic in your answer to explain it away .

2015 he realized it was a sht show. He made up his mind it was a sht show but rode in 2016 as it was at home, GB were seeded straight to the final, there was nothing to do with the qualifiers or politics involved with BSPA/Team GB. After that he spoke about how Team GB should approach things in the future. BSPA said no dice, hence he said he was done with team GB.

With regards to the world games, as Phil Rising said earlier, Rosco's involvement would have been minimal and Woffinden rides for Wroclaw, who desperately wanted him there. It's not rocket science.

​I'm not being awkward, just trying to explain the reasoning behind it all. Fair enough you probably still disagree with me.