British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hyderd

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

Doesn't entitle you no, however if any club should get an entitlement it should be the parent club. Just my opinion.

Your not entitled to one..

Your not entitled to one..

Reason??????

This could be interesting. :rofl:

Woffinden saw his commitments abroad were running out and despite his previous comments about UK tracks apparently approached Belle Vue for a place but was turned away and then signed for Wolves.

We never turned him away.

He approached us.

We informed his promoter about the discussions.

Management committee informed us he would come in on an 8.

We couldn't accommodate him.

He signed for Wolves on a 7.

We never turned him away.

He approached us.

We informed his promoter about the discussions.

Management committee informed us he would come in on an 8.

We couldn't accommodate him.

He signed for Wolves on a 7.

Would seem complete nonsense when you look at the rules it's pretty clear Tai wasn't going to be reassessed.

Wonder who is right as Tai was neither 'absent for more than 3 seasons' or 'absent for a season thru injury???

16.2.3 AMENDED MA’s may be either Established or Assessed MA’s that have been amended with

the Approval of the BSPA GC or MC for:

a) Riders who have been absent from British League racing for more than 3 seasons

(NB. The MA may be increased or decreased).

B) Riders who have been absent for more than 1 full season due to injury.

AND therein lays one of speedway's major issues. No sooner have fans built up a rapport with a rider then they are forced to let him go. If a team wants to keep an unchanged team from one season to another they should be allowed to do so. All this dumbing down (among a multitude of other reasons) is helping to kill British speedway.

If BV want to keep certain riders they can, teams can and usually do keep the majority of their riders. If we are gonna always strive to have equally built teams then one or two changes do have to happen to the more successful clubs of course.

If BV want to keep certain riders they can, teams can and usually do keep the majority of their riders. If we are gonna always strive to have equally built teams then one or two changes do have to happen to the more successful clubs of course.

UNFORTUNATELY averages and points limits never have and never will achieve equality in team building. In reality riders are human beings, not a number. A rider could well achiever a certain average racing on a particular track but get nowhere near it elsewhere. It isn't an exact science and doesn't work.

• Like 1

Wolves did nothing wrong by bringing 'their' asset back for the business end of last season ,

And deserved to be champions .

But comparing the Woffinden move to Tungate is ridiculous.

Tungate was sacked by Somerset for a series of low scores , and yes he may very well improve his average at BV

But being allowed to draft in the current world champion just in time for the play offs, is completely different

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Wolves did nothing wrong by bringing 'their' asset back for the business end of last season ,

And deserved to be champions .

But comparing the Woffinden move to Tungate is ridiculous.

Tungate was sacked by Somerset for a series of low scores , and yes he may very well improve his average at BV

But being allowed to draft in the current world champion just in time for the play offs, is completely different

Isn't it awful that poor Belle Vue have to work on a budget (apparently).

Some still have that green eyed monster syndrome. :neutral:

• Like 1

Isn't it awful that poor Belle Vue have to work on a budget (apparently).

Some still have that green eyed monster syndrome. :neutral:

Not me Steve , didn't think it was fair at the time , probably don't now

But Wolves deserved the victory , absolutely smashed the Aces at Monmore

Not me Steve , didn't think it was fair at the time , probably don't now

But Wolves deserved the victory , absolutely smashed the Aces at Monmore

You don't have an agenda WG.

Nothing unfair about the move in bringing in your own asset who just happens to be on a low average earned by a season of misery for Wolves fans.

If I take my Wolves hat off and see another club bring a club asset back to boost a play off booth then I'd have to say fair play.

Nothing unfair about the move in bringing in your own asset who just happens to be on a low average earned by a season of misery for Wolves fans.

If I take my Wolves hat off and see another club bring a club asset back to boost a play off booth then I'd have to say fair play.

Agree with what you say, but it still smarts for the other teams fans. Having said that heat 9 lessoned the envy a little, and the sportsmanship by both the Worralls and Woffy was great to see.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong in strengthening a team during the season to help them get to the play offs.Both our teams as well as others have done it this season and other sports allow it as well.

As far as I am concerned the problem last year was the timing of the move.If Wolves had signed Woffy mid season to help them reach the play offs he would have had time to become a part of the team and no one would have batted an eye lid.

Being allowed to add him to a team that was already good enough to reach the play offs so late in the season was the problem which a lot of us thought was an unfair advantage.I saw it as 6 members of the wolves team that had earned a play off place + a ringer.I felt that after battleing for the season the 4 teams were good enough to reach the play offs and the fair way would have been for the same team members to have battled it out to see who were the best.(for what its worth I thought that Wolves were good enough to win it as they were)

So fair or unfair is still the question (and not who won the title Belle vue lost the title through riding crap at Wolves) we are still debating that point a year later.

Being on the unfair side and with the powers that be backing my point of view having brought in a rule to stop this happening again this year I have not listened to or read any comments that have changed my mind.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Agree with what you say, but it still smarts for the other teams fans. Having said that heat 9 lessoned the envy a little, and the sportsmanship by both the Worralls and Woffy was great to see.

as I've said previously I always try to look at things without my Wolves head on and I fully get the point that bringing in our world champion asset for a rider who has done little wrong a bit harsh and maybe raised a few questions. And maybe the timing too.

That's been addressed this season and again I have no issue with that.

People saying it just wasn't fair cuts no mustard tho.

no one felt sorry for us in 2014 when we had to suffer Woffy's dire form and no one questioned it as an average reduction exercise. We suffered badly that year. We had a whole season of dire from Woffy to attain that TRUE average. An average we could use again within 3 seasons (within the rules).

For his average to be raised to stop other teams and fans moaning would have been a totally crazy thing to have happened!

Nothing wrong in strengthening a team during the season to help them get to the play offs.Both our teams as well as others have done it this season and other sports allow it as well.

As far as I am concerned the problem last year was the timing of the move.If Wolves had signed Woffy mid season to help them reach the play offs he would have had time to become a part of the team and no one would have batted an eye lid.

Being allowed to add him to a team that was already good enough to reach the play offs so late in the season was the problem which a lot of us thought was an unfair advantage.I saw it as 6 members of the wolves team that had earned a play off place + a ringer.I felt that after battleing for the season the 4 teams were good enough to reach the play offs and the fair way would have been for the same team members to have battled it out to see who were the best.(for what its worth I thought that Wolves were good enough to win it as they were)

So fair or unfair is still the question (and not who won the title Belle vue lost the title through riding crap at Wolves) we are still debating that point a year later.

Being on the unfair side and with the powers that be backing my point of view having brought in a rule to stop this happening again this year I have not listened to or read any comments that have changed my mind.

As explained above, the timing issue has been addressed this season and again no issues from me.

If any one team deserved to gain from Tai's dreadfully low average it would be a wolves. It would be totally unjust for any other team to gain from that.

No one team can take the moral high ground this season with everyone making changes but of course if any one team was likely to take the moral high ground last season it would be the Aces.

That said winning the league with the same 7 riders would be perfect for British Speedway, it's highly unlikely in the age of the Play Offs however.

It may be seen as unfair last year however Wolves won the title within the rules and (literally) played all the Aces.