British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
22A

Bristol Bulldogs Returning?

I watched the Bulldogs when Phil Crump was their top rider. When his son Jason was World Champion he said in an interview that he still has his dad's Bulldogs bib and if speedway got going in Bristol again, he'd ride for them. Sadly that won't be happening now.

On a football forum there was a thread about speedway in football stadia. One person posted the following, but anyone on here have more details please?

"There is a new consortium, that has been given permission to use the Bristol Bulldogs name. They are actively seeking new land for a track and hope to have a team up and running next season, for a series of 'friendlies' in the lower leagues on away tracks. tbh...I think they have no chance with the Bristol council getting planning permission. But I wish them luck.

If only Speedway in this country was like in Poland".

I watched the Bulldogs when Phil Crump was their top rider. When his son Jason was World Champion he said in an interview that he still has his dad's Bulldogs bib and if speedway got going in Bristol again, he'd ride for them. Sadly that won't be happening now.

On a football forum there was a thread about speedway in football stadia. One person posted the following, but anyone on here have more details please?

"There is a new consortium, that has been given permission to use the Bristol Bulldogs name. They are actively seeking new land for a track and hope to have a team up and running next season, for a series of 'friendlies' in the lower leagues on away tracks. tbh...I think they have no chance with the Bristol council getting planning permission. But I wish them luck.

If only Speedway in this country was like in Poland".

Well it's taken Cradley a few decades but there might just be a glimmer of light at the end of their particular tunnel, so good luck to the Bulldogs

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=84690