British Speedway Forum

42 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well if we're one rider away, why don't we be a bit ambitious for once and have a gamble... We're clearly carrying too much now, and if we do nothing, the season will be over VERY soon

It's getting that right rider though.  That rider has to be available and on the right average.  Also the rider has to be sensible and not demand stupid money.  This isn't Fantasy League speedway, where every rider is available and will sign, it is a lot more complicated than that.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It's getting that right rider though.  That rider has to be available and on the right average.  Also the rider has to be sensible and not demand stupid money.  This isn't Fantasy League speedway, where every rider is available and will sign, it is a lot more complicated than that.

I am well aware of that, but the constant silence from the club is never very reassuring... I know sometimes there's nothing to say, but the fan interaction isn't the best at Newcastle, no one can deny that... Hell the website hardly updates

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Wilko, cheap and cheerful ???

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Wilko, cheap and cheerful ???

Does he still ride? I wouldn't say no to him at number 7...

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Dunno, but would probably get 2,3,4 points a match 

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, but would probably get 2,3,4 points a match 

2,3,4 better than we get now

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

I was talking to a couple of King's Lynn fans before going in to the Fours and they said the last time they heard, Wilko's bikes are all ready and he's just waiting on a phone call from anybody.

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

I was talking to a couple of King's Lynn fans before going in to the Fours and they said the last time they heard, Wilko's bikes are all ready and he's just waiting on a phone call from anybody.

Sign him up then for Christ sakes

13 hours ago, StevePark said:

To be honest the fans just want to see that the management are seen to be doing something. Recently loads of teams in both leagues are shuffling their packs as riders aren't performing. All we get is the same old crap. "Who can we get". I rather have a youngster in who will improve.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

If that's the case then i wouldn't hesitate given our current situation 

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
On 6/28/2019 at 10:41 PM, Dandelion said:

Maybe he can't wheelie?

On 6/28/2019 at 10:41 PM, Dandelion said:

Maybe he can't wheelie?

Hello. Maybe he needs a ramp??

Guest Loose Diamond
On 6/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, leander said:

His dodgy attitude was primarily with his fellow team mates (Redcar, Sheffield). i've yet to see any of that this year. In fact the very opposite. He's lost points trying to help his partner this season, without any real tantrums. He's not the first rider, or likely to be the last, to appear to give up when last. 

Yes you are absolutely correct about not the first rider to give up if they don't make the gate.

31 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. Maybe he needs a ramp??

A ramp ???,,, he's only trying to do a wheelie, he's not bloody well trying to be Evel Knievel !!!

but,,, to be fair, he was unlucky not to get past Doolan, in what was a cracking race and, the only other time he dropped points was to Ann (gating tart) Summers ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

A ramp ???,,, he's only trying to do a wheelie, he's not bloody well trying to be Evel Knievel !!!

but,,, to be fair, he was unlucky not to get past Doolan, in what was a cracking race and, the only other time he dropped points was to Ann (gating tart) Summers ;)

Yes he was unlucky not to get past Doolan. My comment about the ramp was a joke. Ramp to get the front wheel up in the air! Just trying to have a bit of laugh on here. Trying not to be too serious.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 6/29/2019 at 9:15 AM, StevePark said:

Hello you must have noticed Birmingham who took on Nathan Stoneman have now replaced him with Danyon Hume. He seemed to be a popular alternative for one of our reserves. Now been snapped up but as you have said rider needs to be the right one. No idea if he would have come? And money would be maybe another issue. Also would there be a vacancy??