British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
craigACE

Colts v Mildenhall 02/09/2019

Wow 64-25 to the Colts. Flint 15. Well done to the lads. Because the BT coverage of the Wolves match was cancelled i was thinking about going to the NSS. Wish i had gone now.

Well I went, comfortable seat in the grandstand, I understand all Colt matches are grandstand seats only, so for £10 was good value. 7:30 start and over by 9:00. Tractor only out once and that was for about 4 laps.

Scoreline suggests the match was one side, but couple of Mildenhall riders got in the mix a few times. What let Mildenhall down was engine failures. Couple of slow speed crashes so fortunately no one hurt.

Good to see the youngsters, bodes well for the future.

• Like 1

Sounds broadly similar to the Cradley match last week, my first visit to the NSS and enjoyed the experience (if not the actual match!)

Seeing the Colts guys deep in the dirt was a pleasure, especially Flint who has a fantastic style leaning over so far.  Cradley couldn't lay a glove on the Colts, I can't remember the last time Clegg went a whole match without winning a heat, nor the last time he registered a last place but none of the Cradley riders were able to live with the home team.  Harry McGurk was unlucky in the reserve race where he was in the mix for the lead and suffered engine troubles.

Great value NL racing for sure at a fantastic venue, kids for free and £10 per adult is great stuff

• Like 4