British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

On 2/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

If anyone fancys a trip down to king's Lynn for Lewis Kerr's testimonial meeting I'm still willing to run transport down for it !! So if anyone wants to go just message me & I'll get the transport sorted out 

thought he had ,had a test,monial a few yrs back or was that something else  ?

12 hours ago, jenga said:

thought he had ,had a test,monial a few yrs back or was that something else  ?

Was that not a benefit meeting when he was badly injured at the 4's riding for Newcastle at Peterborough ? Or it may have been something else but to my knowledge he's never had a testimonial 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:29 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Well the Gems one won’t take long.

Even tho they only rode 2 meetings they never got beat.. it's a pity covid helped put pay to there withdrawal of the league as I think they would have done very well imo

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Even tho they only rode 2 meetings they never got beat.. it's a pity covid helped put pay to there withdrawal of the league as I think they would have done very well imo

Get your facts right. Covid had nothing to do with the promotion closing the team down.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Get your facts right. Covid had nothing to do with the promotion closing the team down.

What was it then?

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As ruff says what was it then ? 

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Covid helped the situation of the Gems being withdrew from the league due to lower crowd levels & restrictions being put in place ( government guidelines ) & also the fans who stayed away to protect themselves & there families from the Virus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

As ruff says what was it then ? 

As you don’t seem to have taken in the reasons given at the time (?)….money !

The promotion made the financial decision not to carry on with the Gems to save losing more money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Covid helped the situation of the Gems being withdrew from the league due to lower crowd levels & restrictions being put in place ( government guidelines ) & also the fans who stayed away to protect themselves & there families from the Virus

and what about all the people that couldn't pay on the gate, or do online bookings,,, like old people and stuff?

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As you don’t seem to have taken in the reasons given at the time (?)….money !

The promotion made the financial decision not to carry on with the Gems to save losing more money.

So, do you not think the 'covid situation' put an extra strain on their financial situation?

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, do you not think the 'covid situation' put a strain on their financial situation?

Like it did at every club in every division.

Promoter decided to bin the Gems for financial reasons, his decision, not saying it was right or wrong, but that’s what it was, for financial reasons.

4 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Like it did at every club in every division.

Ok, but not all club's have the same overheads, stadium rental and stuff.

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ok, but not all club's have the same overheads, stadium rental and stuff.

So what ? every club is different, we all know that, Covid had an effect on every club 

11 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So what ? every club is different, we all know that, Covid had an effect on every club 

Maybe some more than others, but didn't in any way have anything to do with the Gems being disbanded?

On 2/10/2022 at 11:39 AM, Tsunami said:

Conversely if Lee, who I think has been given a assessed 5 point average, if he hits form from the start he will still be very handy to have at reserve for taking others rides. If a 5.00 it make us start understrength again by 1.51. 

Any idea when an assessed average of 5pts for Lee will be confirmed?