British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

50 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well first off getting someone who can communicate would be good for a start... someone who isn't illiterate and can string a sentence together without using three fluffs and a chuff... someone who has a rudimentary knowledge of English... in the written word...

Then tell the truth... you know? Have someone tell it how it is from the club's side... even if the truth is brutal get it out there and quash all these rumours once and for all...

All the shenanigans and machinations that rumble on in the background just damage the club... what's the truth? Set the record straight? Unless there is something to hide because it does work both ways...

Regards 

THJ 

:t:

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sure that's a repeat...

If this was the pictures a would be saying "this is where we came in" an leaving...

Bye...

Regards 

THJ 

Ok sorry, no offense intended,,, was just busting  ya chops.  :t:

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ok sorry, no offense intended,,, was just busting  ya chops.  :t:

No offence taken... your old enough to have been to the pictures when you had a B movie and went into a showing half way through then caught up on the second showing... only leaving until you reached the spot you come in at...

In fact you will remember the old Chicken on the Pathe News and the Pearl and Dean  adverts and like everyone else you would have sat through them to get your two jam jars worth..

Also if I have got to explain the jokes it's a bad show... it's bad enough sitting here paying 6 quid a pint to be getting my balls busted on this forum...

Regards 

THJ

30 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No offence taken... your old enough to have been to the pictures when you had a B movie and went into a showing half way through then caught up on the second showing... only leaving until you reached the spot you come in at...

In fact you will remember the old Chicken on the Pathe News and the Pearl and Dean  adverts and like everyone else you would have sat through them to get your two jam jars worth..

Also if I have got to explain the jokes it's a bad show... it's bad enough sitting here paying 6 quid a pint to be getting my balls busted on this forum...

Regards 

THJ

Am not that old John, a vaguely remember 'Bambi' at Gossy and, Jaws and Moonraker at the Odeon. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Well done on the 6 - 5 away win at Edinburgh. Jack Smith made the difference.

One of life’s losers you pal. Grow up. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

I maybe shouldn't say this on here, but I've already turned down the offer of becoming Press Officer.

I suppose it is a poison chalice.

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thing is tho,,, what more could the promotion do with regards communications?

It's not likely to be mentioned on 'Look North' every night, or be front page of the Chronicle every day. I don't do Facebook or Twitter, but still manage to find out, (thru my limited technology capabilities), via the internet. Would you like a letter in the post or them to come round and knock on your door to tell you?,,, If you embrace the technology, you might find out quicker!

As for starting on time, well usually it's not too bad and, for always taking 2+ hours to run very debatable, unless from accidents etc. I have been attending the speedway at Brough regularly for the last 12 seasons and find the last 2 have been run pretty punctually IMO. :t:

As THJ says someone from the club who actually tells the truth on what is happening. You've got to think as well our fan base probably like most clubs is a very ageing fan base who probably some don't have mobile phones or internet access and the only way of finding out what is happening with the club is to buy the speedway star you'd think the club would make every effort that whatever was being printed in the speedway star had been checked, checked and checked again.

You've got the (supposed) number 1 saying one thing and then the club saying something else to then say what was in the speedway star didn't come from the club, well where did it come from then? It just smacks of being so amateurish.

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

As THJ says someone from the club who actually tells the truth on what is happening. You've got to think as well our fan base probably like most clubs is a very ageing fan base who probably some don't have mobile phones or internet access and the only way of finding out what is happening with the club is to buy the speedway star you'd think the club would make every effort that whatever was being printed in the speedway star had been checked, checked and checked again.

You've got the (supposed) number 1 saying one thing and then the club saying something else to then say what was in the speedway star didn't come from the club, well where did it come from then? It just smacks of being so amateurish.

Maybe the truth is there, whether or not folk hear it is debatable?,,,

as for the BWD article, it seems the club have issued a statement regarding it. Got no idea where the article came from, so is that the club or the speedway star being amateurish?

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe the truth is there, whether or not folk hear it is debatable?,,,

as for the BWD article, it seems the club have issued a statement regarding it. Got no idea where the article came from, so is that the club or the speedway star being amateurish?

As I stated earlier, the clubs articles are now written by someone at the Speedway Star, rather than someone from the club. I think this kind of thing has happened before (incorrect reporting).  I don't think there is much communication between the club and the Star, which is quite unbelievable really.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

As I stated earlier, the clubs articles are now written by someone at the Speedway Star, rather than someone from the club. I think this kind of thing has happened before (incorrect reporting).  I don't think there is much communication between the club and the Star, which is quite unbelievable really.

'Incorrect Reporting',,, could lead to the spreading of 'misinformation'? :nono:

• Like 1

We can argue till the cows came home about what was said but it doesn’t get away from the fact that the team is poor, one way to get fans back on side is go out and make some statement signings people will soon forget what was said in the star by & by whom, as already stated by others they are out there 

• Like 2

Kasper Andersen in as a guest. Not sure who for though, Wethers or Starke. Was announced at Redcar last night. 

• Thanks 1