British Speedway Forum

5TH RIDER IS AN ABSOLUTE MASTERS-STROKE
We are delighted to announce the 5th rider to be announced for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting at Redcar on Saturday 1st October is the 2022 Championship League Riders Champion Sam Masters
Sam has led from the front this year and has been in sensational form for both Wolverhampton and Edinburgh and it is a real coup to have him back in the line-up.
Robbo was delighted “Sam was in the original pre-covid line up, and couldn’t make the April staging due to the Monarchs Press and Practice day clashing on the same day. When I checked whether he might be able to ride on October 1st I was delighted when he agreed to it. He is a class performer and I know he will be one of the top boys on the night”.

GERMAN STARLET COMING BACK OVER THE WATER
We are delighted to announce the 6th rider for the restaging of the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting, is young German star Marius Hillebrand.
Marius was originally going to make his first appearance around the Redcar circuit back in the original staging of the farewell meeting, and we are delighted he has agreed to come over for the restaging.
Recommended by Peter Schroeck, Hillebrand will bring an entertaining style to the circuit and Robbo was only too happy to get him back in the line up. “I spoke to Peter the other week and he again mentioned about Marius, and with all the covid restrictions over and travel allowed I was only too happy to get him back in the line-up. I’m sure UK promoters will keep an eye on him, and it will be good for the crowd on the night to see how he gets on”.

LETS KEEP THE SUMMER-S GOING
One thing we will need on Saturday 1st October is faith in the UK weather, so we have started our own weather planning by announcing the 7th rider into the line up…..Aaron Summers
Aaron was in the original staging similar to Sam And Marius, but unfortunately had gone into retirement when arranging the meeting back in April. One piece of good news in the restaging was Aaron returning to the sport with Ipswich and Oxford, and Robbo was quick to ask Aaron whether he would be free for attempt 3, and long time friend Summers quickly agreed.
Robbo said “I was gutted at the postponement obviously in April, but I’m really happy that I’ve been able to get Aaron back into the line-up. We go back a long way, and he has certainly done a good job with the Cheetahs and is helping Ipswich to a good end of season finish too. Will be good to have him back around for sure”.

Line-up
Simon Lambert
Paul Starke
Leon Flint
Chris Harris
Sam Masters
Marius Hillebrand
Aaron Summers

RACEJACKET AUCTION BACK OPEN
We have today opened up the racejacket auction again, although will be a little bit different to start with as not the full line up has been announced
Messages have been sent to all of the previous leading bidders and as and when they apply this will be updated
1 Simon Lambert currently £50
2 Aaron Summers currently £45
3 TBC but bid received £50
4 Chris Harris SOLD £150
5 TBC
6 TBC AVAILABLE
7 TBC but bid received £75
8 TBC currently reserved £50
9 TBC currently reserved £45
10 Marius Hillebrand currently reserved £45
11 Sam Masters SOLD £150
12 Paul Staker currently £50
13 TBC currently reserved £50
14 Leon Flint currently reserved £100
15 TBC AVAILABLE
16 TBC currently reserved
17 TBC currently reserved £50
18 TBC currently reserved £45
If you would like to bid on any of the above please email Robbosfarewell@hotmail.com or send a DM on either Facebook or Twitter

COOKING UP A STORM
Joining the line-up for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting is Glasgow Number 1 and Ex GP Star CRAIG COOK
Cookie was originally in the line up for April but was caught out with Covid, and was replaced by Drew Kemp, but Craig has kindly agreed to join us on 1st October.
Robbo was excited to hear that Craig could rejoin the evening “I’ve seen Cookie have a couple of bad knocks this season but am glad he will be with us going into a really important end of season with the Tigers and I’m sure he will be happy to get a few more laps under his belt. He is a top performer on his day and will be one of the stars of the night I’m sure.”

FB· 
KASPER LOOKING FOR HOME ADVANTAGE
Next rider to be announced for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting is home favourite KASPER ANDERSEN.
Kasper will be flying the flag for the home supporters and will be sure of having a noisy following. Robbo was keen to have some home representation and was pleased when Kasper agreed to sign up
Robbo said “when planning my meeting the key thing was to always try and give people a some differences with the line-up but one key thing is to give the home fans someone to support, and although we haven’t finished the line-up yet, Kasper was only too pleased to get another meeting in his diary. I’m still hoping to get some more Redcar representation, but it’s not easy getting riders at this time of year and a few already have plans. Fingers crossed we can get Kasper another friendly face in the pits”.

GAARD OF HONOUR FOR ROBBO
8th rider confirmed for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting is a rider who has been involved from day 1 and is coming back from injury ULRICH OSTERGAARD
It’s fair to say 2022 hasn’t gone as planned for the likeable Dane, but he still has the opportunity for plenty of meetings towards the end of the season and will again line up for Robbo
“I’ve been waiting and hoping that Ulrich would be available and was delighted when it was confirmed he would take part. Has been generous in accepting the booking 3 times now…..just hope we can get it finished :-)” said Robbo

FB 

ROYNON SIGNS UP

Adam Roynon is the latest rider to agree to join us for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting at Redcar on 1st October 

Roynon who started the season with the Bears moved over the Scunthorpe during the season, and asked Stuart when they met at the Birmingham v Coventry challenge a few weeks back how plans were going and Robbo was only too happy to ask him if he wanted a skid

“Was good to bump into Royno at the challenge match the other week when I was on the spanners for Luke Crang and we got talking about the meeting and at that point I thought yeah let’s get him in. With the end of season playoffs and injuries occurring it it was great to hear someone willing to ride and we go back a fair way with our Coventry days so it is great to have him involved” said Robbo

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 1

WRIGHT PLACE WRIGHT TIME
12th rider confirmed for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting is experienced campaigner James Wright.
Wright who returned to the sport last year has been riding for the Scorpions of Scunthorpe this season and has had many a battle with Robbo over the years
“I’ve known James a long time and have had many tussles with him in the past, and he is another British rider who has given a lot to the sport over the years and I was surprised when he got back on a bike last year, but he can still do it, and his scores this year show he can still provide some good points for his team. Look forward to him popping out the starts and providing a real challenge to the rest of the line-up”. Said Robbo

JENKINS DOUBLES HOME PARTICIPATION
Jordan Jenkins is the latest rider to be confirmed for the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting which is now only just over 2 weeks away at Redcar on Saturday 1st October with a 5pm start.
Jenkins joins fellow Bear Kasper Andersen in leading the home riders attempts to win the meeting and the young Brit has been in some good form over the last couple of months
Robbo said “ I saw him have a great meeting v Glasgow a few weeks back and he has also impressed people when he has been on tv on Eurosport for Peterborough. I know the Redcar fans hold him in high regard, and was delighted when he agreed to be back in the line-up again.”

Updated Thursday 23:20
LEON FLINT SOLD 
CRAIG COOK £100
AARON SUMMERS £60
MARIUS HILLEBRAND £30
RACEJACKET AUCTION UPDATE
Get your hands on a race worn racejacket from Robbos Farewell. There is a buy it now price of £150 per racejacket. To bid all you have to do is comment on FB or email to robbosfarewell@hotmail.com to place your bid
Here are the current prices per racejacket
1 Simon Lambert £50
2 Aaron Summers £60
3 TBC
4 Chris Harris SOLD £150 
5 Jordan Jenkins £100
6 TBC
7 Ulrich Ostergaard SOLD £150 
8 Adam Roynon £45
9 Kasper Andersen £45
10 Marius Hillebrand £30
11 Sam Masters SOLD £150 
12 Paul Starke £50
13 TBC
14 Leon Flint SOLD £150 
15 James Wright £30
16 Craig Cook £100 new bid received tonight!!
17 Archie Freeman £50
18 Kyran Lyden £40
Get your bids in guys 
Edited by Bear_Bottom

Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting

FB

BACKING THE YOUNG BRITS ONCE AGAIN

We are delighted to announce that once again we will be giving the 125cc and 250cc classes of the fabulous Young Lions Speedway organisation a spin during the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting at Redcar on Saturday 1st October.

Discussions have been taking place with their surpremo Neil Vatcher (and what a great job he has done by the way!!) and we are honoured to be able to give each of them 4 rides each throughout the event.

Robbo said “even from day 1 a few years ago I wanted to have these guys involved in my meeting, and by bringing the start time forward a little bit, I want to give them the chance of riding in front of what will hopefully be a good crowd, and experience that even more. Neil was only too happy to get the boys lined up and I can’t wait for them to have their track time. It takes me way back to when myself and Scott started and can only imagine what it would have been like to ride in such a professional set-up like they have now!”

The confirmed riders are

250cc Class

152) Ashton Vale 
266) Caydin Martin
145) William Cairns
9) Luke Harrison 

125cc Class

6) Seth Norman 
23) Harry Fletcher 
63) Cooper Rushen 
505) Casper Kluczniak

We have been able to source some sponsorship for each of the young lads to have a new tyre thanks to Marcus and the team at STAKEFORD TYRE SERVICES, SANDRA ROBERTSON BLACK AND THE ROBBOS COVENTRY BEES FAN CLUB.  They will also receive some fuel and our thanks go to CITY GEARBOXES COVENTRY LTD

If anyone else would like to help with any sponsorship for the event please contact us at robbosfarewell@hotmail.com

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 1

Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting

FB

REFEREE CONFIRMED FOR MEETING AND CHANCE TO BE HIS ASSISTANT

We can confirm that the referee for the meeting will be experienced official CHRIS DURNO. Originally Craig Ackroyd was due to be the ref for our meeting in April, but unfortunately Craig has a prior commitment and we thank Chris for stepping in.

Thanks to the kind agreement from Chris we have one space available to shadow Craig and be involved on the night. A real unique opportunity 

Meeting Chris before the meeting, you will be involved in his pre meeting trackwalk, the rider briefing with access to the pits, and also (although it might be a tight squeeze) access to the refs box where Chris might even let your start a race or two!! We will also throw in a visit to the centre green for you to watch a race too.

To book this great change, the first person who gets in touch and bids £150 will become the Assistant Meeting Referee for the night!

Please drop an email to robbosfarewell@hotmail.com to book this great chance it’s first come first served.

Edited by Bear_Bottom

www.redcar-speedway.tv
A trip down memory lane with Stuart Robson.  We are delighted to announce that we will be providing live stream coverage of the Stuart Robson Farewell Meeting at the above link.  As it is a special event, the stream will be priced at £14.99 but we are offering an early bird discount of 20% until 24 hours before the fixture so any long-distance Bears fans can buy early to receive the usual Redcar Speedway TV prices.  For those of you closer to home, we hope to see you trackside, but the meeting will still be available to watch after the live broadcast ends so book early for the reduced price and you might even get to see yourself on the video.