British Speedway Forum
PowerfulPierre

Leicester vs Oxford 7 May 2022

4 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Whilst I try to appreciate the hours put in behind the scenes to get meetings on whether that be the track work, medical cover, programmes, getting volunteers in, getting the paperwork done, getting guests etc etc etc........

At the end of the day if the show isn't right on the night for those that pay to watch, especially new or floating supporters, they are less likely to return again.

I say this about any entertainment venue, you can't expect people to understand wot goes on behind the scenes too try to get things right, after all they don't pay for that!!! They only pay for things to be right on the night.

I speak from experience of helping to organise speedway social evenings.

Simples :t:

I agree with you, all are volunteers who do it for the love of the sport, we all want it to be the best it can be, all the time, sometimes it goes wrong, but it is not for the want of trying, 

33 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

What part of I don't do threats do you not understand? I want to find out who you are so like in the past someone had a go behind a name on a keyboard, when we met we had a great discussion on what was happening,  going on, after about an hour of talking he understood alot more about that subject. Ha, we are now actually quite good friends. So an open invite, if you wish to discuss it properly then please meet me. 

I’d love too, thank you for the invite. I’ll be there Saturday weather permitting. I know where to find you 

Edited by Leave some for us.

9 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

I’d love too, thank you for the invite. I’ll be there Saturday weather permitting 

Good all sorted then, I will be there from 8am, you clearly know who I am as you quoted Facebook earlier in posts, let me know when you are there and we can talk, bare in mind if its during the meeting it will be busy. 

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

Good all sorted then, I will be there from 8am, you clearly know who I am as you quoted Facebook earlier in posts, let me know when you are there and we can talk, bare in mind if its during the meeting it will be busy. 

Ok I’ll try and get there for 5.30 (work permitting) I’ll walk round to the gate by turn two and introduce myself. I did quote Facebook, but only after you had outed yourself on here.  I’m glad you’ve changed your mind and not quit as you previously announced to everyone.

Edited by Leave some for us.

Lovely track, well prepared for the Lion Cubs meeting with Belle Vue Colts, best I've seen it this year, well done to all involved!