British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

The owners being a certain Rueben brothers who talk about the great city and how they love Newcastle but seem to want to close speedway down 

Nee money to be made in speedway, well at least not enough for them to second glance at.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Nee money to be made in speedway, well at least not enough for them to second glance at.

Rueben brothers are in it for themselves.They took ARC venues out of some of the betting shops in 2017 and had no live pictures if they did not agree with payment.

39 minutes ago, soupy said:

Rueben brothers are in it for themselves.They took ARC venues out of some of the betting shops in 2017 and had no live pictures if they did not agree with payment.

A see they've taken Sedgefields 'biggest racing day' Boxing Day fixture and moved it to Newcastle, wonder what that is about?

There was two horses killed the meeting I attended before the last one and cancelled the meeting.They did give  me free complimentary tickets to the last one but I have no idea why it has been transferred to Newcastle.

10 minutes ago, soupy said:

There was two horses killed the meeting I attended before the last one and cancelled the meeting.They did give  me free complimentary tickets to the last one but I have no idea why it has been transferred to Newcastle.

It's to give the track extra time to recover:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/festive-blow-for-sedgefield-as-boxing-day-fixture-one-of-four-racedays-moved/588595

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Seems a bit strange as they are racing tomorrow and probably should of done it asap.Might as well ran the Boxing Day meeting then cancelled the rest.

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

7 minutes ago, soupy said:

Seems a bit strange as they are racing tomorrow and probably should of done it asap.Might as well ran the Boxing Day meeting then cancelled the rest.

Yeah, it does seem bizarre,,, as you say racing tomorrow and am sure it has been raced on after that incident?

Shame tho, cos I do enjoy Sedgefield on Boxing Day,,, suppose I can walk to Gossy Park and our driver can have a pint or two. ;)

5 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

The owners being a certain Rueben brothers who talk about the great city and how they love Newcastle but seem to want to close speedway down 

Probably don't know what speedway is ?? So can't blame them

42 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I just thought it was hypocritical of them talking about building sport in the city while assisting in closing down one of the oldest sporting venues in the north east, but it’s all down to money with them 

Never!!! :rofl:

Fancy business people running profit oriented businesses, is this a new concept?

8 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Fancy business people running profit oriented businesses, is this a new concept?

Yeah,,, but what about all the fans?

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah,,, but what about all the fans?

The ones that didn’t turn up and make the business profitable? 

6 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The ones that didn’t turn up and make the business profitable? 

Aye, but they would've turned up if it was good!!!

;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 3